East Hampton, NY
After care: No

Posted October 01, 2014
What I can say from my experience with a spouse that works at Ross is, it's most concerned about making money and less concerned with educating our children. The management is unorganized with no direction. They lack respect and support for their educators with a hight turnover rate to show this. What institution will not give a wifi pass code to its educators? Especially when cell signals are not that great there, at least with verizon. Do research and pay attention to the common theme that keeps surfacing.

Posted June 08, 2014
The 2 positive reviews on this site are probably "planted". Ask yourself what student on the 1st day of school goes on a website to say how much they love the school curriculum! The other positive review names two administrators which goes against the policy of this site to "name names" and that "parent' who wrote it had these administrators bio's down like they were reading off resumes. One of the 2 "resigned" without a job on the Friday before Christmas this year (2013). If a parent really wrote that positive review he/she must be on the board or work for the school and was asked to write a good review to balance out the bad reviews. In the 5 years we have been at the school (and we are leaving),student turnover is more than 50% and teacher turnover is higher than that. The school blames student turnover on "who would want to live in the Hamptons!" That is laughable because this is a wonderful place to live and the excuse for the teachers leaving is that you can't find anyone to date if you are single. This school does not practice its own core values. Read all the reviews from 2011 to current day carefully and the truth about the school will be obvious.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2013
My son attended the school and he was completely unprepared for college. He said the arts and culture of the school was great but he felt woefully unprepared in terms of mathematics and science. In addition, the tuition fee was astronomical considering the number of holidays they had. If you want your son to succeed in college or in life in general, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

Posted September 04, 2013
I go to Ross, and I absolutely love it! The teachers and great, but the best part is the spiral curriculum.

Ross School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
I graduated from the Ross school in 2011. I am currently attending Syracuse University. I loved ross for the creative arts and my m- term trips to nicaragua and japan. However I attended there from 5th grade till graduation and the school dramatically changed in my time there. It went from all income classes ( myself low income) to rich white kids and boarding school kids ( mostly korean and chinese). The academics are not strong and I felt extremely unprepared for college especially in science and math. If you are looking for a school with creative arts, travel experiences and small class sizes ross is right for you. However, if you are looking for a school to prepare you for college and the real world re consider. I also have an older sister who graduated from Ross in 07 and went to top school and felt the same way. I Enjoyed my time at ross for the post mart, most of my teachers and peers but it was not worth 8 years of tuition and i am paying for my lack of education now.

Posted March 24, 2013
I'm not sure what one reviewer here was talking about in a review of Ross School ... Our children attend both the Ross Lower and Upper School - and they can't wait to go to school each day. As a (former) teacher myself, I find the faculty at Ross spot on and the administration outstanding. Headmaster Dr. Gregg Maloberti (PHD Penn) and Dr. Jeanette Tyndall, LS Head, seem to me to be outstanding leaders. Both have been senior administrators at The Lawrenceville School, NJ, (Dr. Maloberti) and in the case of Dr. Tyndall, independent schools across the world - Ross (or any school) could hardly have a more experienced senior leadership team. The Curriculum is first rate, the kids seem wonderful to me (our daughter loves having boarding friends from all over the world) and all in all my wife and I could not be more pleased with Ross. As for asking us for money - OF COURSE they do - what private school (or university doesn't) seriously ...

Posted August 08, 2011
Very disappointed in The Ross School. My child has been going to the Ross School for several years. There is little to nil in the way of providing educational support should the need arise, even if it is basic and your child is bright. Children are pidgeon-holed by some administrative individuals who have little in the way of training to deal with educational issues, and there is little real reaction in terms of paying attention to the needs of your child. This school charges a lot of money,in addition to constantly requesting donations to support "the school", with your child receiving very little in return. There are many days off (in addition to regular holidays) and one begins to wonder exactly what they are providing. The spiral curicculum seems good in theory, but lacking in providing the children a sound preparation for college life. Be careful.

Posted March 15, 2009

Posted November 09, 2008
Ross school is amazing i love it it is just so different from any other school! you should go there!

Ross School 4