East Meadow, NY

Posted April 08, 2014
The teachers are wonderful, and have shown a genuine interest in my child's progress. However, I have serious reservations about the Principal, for a variety of reasons. Follow through and communication are minimal on his part, and he seems to follow directly along with the Superintendent, who is TERRIBLE.

Posted June 16, 2011
This school is tops. Very good all around, Simply the best. Very good learning environment. Extremely safe. Creates well rounded students. Truly #1.

Posted April 24, 2010
This school holds a high standard for academic and personal excellence! They are fair and understanding to all. The staff is wonderful! I am proud to say my children attend Barnum Woods

Posted September 05, 2009
I love Barnum Woods!!! They have wonderful teachers and a Principal who is dilligent and caring. The children learn in a friendly, fun environment. The PTA is dedicated and involved. I'm looking forward to a wonderful year ahead.

Posted December 04, 2008
My son attended this school and he couldn't have had a better experience. He excelled and thanks to Barnum, he is extremely prepared for Middle School. My daughter is a 4th grader and loves her teachers, Principal, Vice Principal, etc. She will also be fully ready for Middle School, academicly, mentally and physically.

Posted August 24, 2008
This is my son's third year and every teacher I got was one better than the next. I love it!!! I was a class parent and I got to see from the inside. They are dedicated, caring teachers. Especially Mrs. Kelleher and Mrs. Pelo.

Posted August 21, 2008
barnum is a great comunity and takes action and responcibility for the kids and that is what i like to see out of my kids

Posted April 14, 2008
Barnum Woods is a good school but in order to be more competitive with other schools, they need to start with full day kindergarten because most 5 yr olds are ready for it and it starts them reading and learning more at an earlier age. Parents have to do their share of teaching also at home. en

Barnum Woods School 3

Posted July 10, 2006
I am very disappointed with Barnum Woods Zero Tolerance of bullies. They do tolerate it and issues do not get resolved, they are swept under the carpet. We have had great teachers there, don't get me wrong, it's the overall system that is a problem.

Barnum Woods School 3

Posted June 13, 2006
Barnum Woods consistently delivers a mediocre education, mainly due to the hiring practices of the teachers. Not to impune the enitre stafee, but over the last 3 decades, the teachers and their abilities have been questionable at best

500 May Lane, East Meadow, NY  11554
Last modified Barnum Woods School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnum Woods School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top