East Meadow High School 4

Posted June 28, 2013
I attended EMHS from 1993-1997 and received a great education. The teachers were engaging, the athletics were extremely competitive, and the culture created by the students and teachers made it a great place to learn. Another nice aspect of the school is it's diversity with respect to race, religion, and socio-economic levels. People were very accepting of one another and it was a good non-homogenous environment to meet people who represent the true world.

East Meadow High School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
I graduated from this school in 1979. At the time it was a great school. They had alot of sports activities, a school newspaper, chorus, drama club, student council, PTA; many different and diverse clubs to join. The teachers were good. They cared about the students and I feel I received a good education here. I'm sorry to read some of the bad reviews because this school was not like that at all when I attended.

Posted July 24, 2012
I went to Emhs and their are so many issue's that have to be delt with. some of the teachers actully care about you but most of them don't. its just another day at work for them and tghey seem more eager to leave aftre the 9th period bell. i was a problem student and the administration didn't even wanna deal with me. They just passed me on i shouldn't of graduated at all. the list of problems with this school is just endless.

East Meadow High School 2

Posted March 30, 2011
i love the teachers. and though the school environment is diverse, there are too many problems that the faculty does not pay attention to or bother caring about. i know a lot of students who are stressed by lack of help from guidance counselors, bullying, etc. also, everyone should know that the school dean is just a grown kid, he has clique issues.

Posted January 20, 2010
My son goes to EMH, I love the faculty. The school is always open with all kinds of Activities, Sports, Music & Clubs. Is a great school. I'm very happy my son goes there. I give it 4 star.

East Meadow High School 5

Posted December 18, 2009
Emhs..Has alot to offer our kids my child is now 11th grade and is very busy with sports and school keeping her out of trouble. Phone calls when absent /late ... Teachers who have issues do call. Its very clean and when the kids come together at the end of the yr for battle of the classes i am shocked to see how most of the school come together to create such a wonderful show. It shows pride and respect and makes me feel good as a parent watching every yr my daughter growing up so fast. Of course there is the politics in the sports that wont change anywhere... Depending on who you are ... I mean if your child is top scorer on a team yet plays half a game and other kids never sit out something just isnt right... But again this is just our world emhs #1

Posted November 10, 2009
the teachers are amazing in emhs and the new administration is better than the last. they are a lot of opportunities to further yourself as a student. you just have to take the initiative. i loved going here and wish i could hve graduated here but sadly had to move before senior year.

Posted September 27, 2009
I moved here from Brooklyn and I attended Edward R. Murrow HS. Everyone in LI thinks this school is big even though it has only two floors. I can't take Pre-Calculus the same year I take Math B. As a student, I feel as if I'm the teacher.

Posted May 06, 2008
As a former student i found EMHS to have womderful teachers but a terrible administration. The lighting is dim, and administration has no control over most of the student body. The principals do not encourage students and in actuality they have actually put me down. They are more concerned with saving face then protecting the student body.

Posted February 06, 2008

East Meadow High School
101 Carman Avenue, East Meadow, NY  11554
Last modified East Meadow High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Meadow High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top