East Meadow, NY

Posted February 03, 2014
My wife, son and I Love the school and its academic program. Great teachers and staff!!

Posted November 02, 2012
As a family this McVey has been a wonderful experience. Our daughter loves the school, teacher and classmates. I always feel informed and Principal and Vice Principal are a great duo. This school offers a veriety of extra activities that other schools lack with special programs like music and art. One of the best school ratings for math and science in Long Island.

Posted April 21, 2010
The education is very personalized and the staff are all very professional, helpful, and educated.

Posted October 06, 2009
The only drawback is with Kindergarden, it should be longer. We had pre-k elsewhere longer and then to come to Elementary school and it is shorter just wasnt right. My son then had to make a very big adjustment to 1st grade being so many hours that he hated school and I had a very hard time with him all year. Pre-K was 4 hrs., Kindergarden was 2 1/2 and then 1st grade is 6 hrs. This needs to change for the future children to adjust better. I personally dont have any young ones left, but I feel for the new children and it should change to benefit everyone.

Posted October 03, 2009
My son had some inspirational teachers there.

Posted January 04, 2008
Great school! Amazing learning enironment, faculty, and disciplinary rules.

Mcvey Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2007

Mcvey Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2007

Posted June 02, 2007
The teachers are amazing my kid has never been in a better school. All of the teachers are concerned with my child's problems and issues. They also tutor my kids when they need extra help.

Posted November 03, 2006
I have 3 kids in mcvey and i couldnt be happier. all the teachers weve had are very caring, and knowledgeable. They have a fantastic gifted program,band and orchestra. One thing thats good is they encourage parent involvment. I would reccomend mcvey to everyone.

Mcvey Elementary School
2201 Devon Street, East Meadow, NY  11554
Last modified Mcvey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcvey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top