PK-4, 7
East Moriches, NY

Posted May 04, 2015
Excellent school with above average education. Teachers are amazing as well as the PTO. My child receives excellent special education services from this school. They have given us the services the teachers and therapists recommended and he is thriving. We did not have to fight to get what he needed. They were interested in doing what was best for my child.

Posted April 14, 2010
My daughter went there and received a very good base education, she went on to receive a 3.8 in college.

East Moriches Elementary School

Posted November 30, 2009
I give this school an 8.5 - 9. The teachers are terrific and the PTO is a vital part of the culture of the school. Many, many good things are offered to the students (free of charge or for a nominal fee) and I am happy that my children are getting their education from this school. I come from NYC and this is a dream compared to those schools!!

Posted September 14, 2009
Great school, excellent teachers.

East Moriches Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2007
Very good teachers, good leadership. Budget issues have challenged the district but things are moving forward. Special Ed is getting better with new leadership.

Posted February 25, 2007
My son has been in inclusion for three years - I now have to get him outside tutoring to help him with reading. The school does not provide the assistance he needs in the classroom. The budget cuts took it right out. This large handful of kids are suffering because it doesn't seem to be important to make sure everyone gets a good education......getting the clubs and sports back was a bigger priority.

Posted August 30, 2006
I agree with the prior review. Special education program is strongly lacking.

Posted August 27, 2006
New Elementary School. The Special Education Program is not flexible and they are not willing to try to change their program. It is strictly autism based which is not appropriate for all types of disabilities. We wanted our child to stay in the district and be included in the inclusion classes, but the staff could not handle his happiness in new surroundings. Also, expect to have to strongly advocate for your child in order to get what your child needs. General education is fine.

East Moriches Elementary School
523 Montauk Highway, East Moriches, NY  11940
Last modified East Moriches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4, 7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Moriches Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top