East Northport, NY

Posted July 15, 2013
Fifth Ave Elementary school is a great school in a great community. the teachers and staff go above and beyond their job scope and make learning and doing well a priority for each student.

Fifth Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
The school needs a principal that will stand up for himself, his building and his kids!! I get trying to be politically correct but he has no passion for his job!! There is no leadership and basic confusion constantly. Trying to get answers and information is like pulling teeth!! I am tired of hearing- we are green. we eat healthy -we are paperless. Check the website for more information. Blah blah blah. The grounds like like a jungle of weeds and I have to dose my kids with allergy meds just to walk to the front door. It is sad that what is supposed to be a garden memorial for our former great principal is a weed infested mess But yet we have money in reserve yeah! Use some of that money to hire a better prinicipal or an assistant to counteract Mr. Blah. Make sure this one has better public speaking and relations skills!!!

Fifth Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2013
There is no leadership in this school , teachers don't care what you know , and as far as I see they praise the kids who are not even trying , and kids who do try to learn smth are left behind. And gym teachers are a joke ! Some teachers are so worried about tests that they don't even let children eat their morning snacks! Tell them to put food and water bottles on the floor! Jackets on the floor at music class ! is it that difficult to install hangers? PTA does nothing but raise money , gather together and eat bagels with coffee and praise themselves. There are no speakers in the all purpose room, which is a joke when children try to put a holiday show ! Its humiliating ! Where is the principal?Oh wait, as far as I HAVE SEEN , he can barely deliver a speech at parent - teacher conference ! Why are the children sometimes not allowed to play on the grass ? Blacktop on a nice day ? And there is no supervision while they are at recess! Teacher aids too busy talking and not directing children! Nobody cares about these things , we just pay more and more taxes ! And these parents think this school is a gem ? Its an embarrassment of modern society !

Posted December 08, 2011
I went to this school back in the 60's - it was a good school then - and I'm wondering how to get records, state test scores and anything important that I may have left behind that would be nice to keep safe.

Posted April 17, 2011
We couidn't be happier with our daughter's kindergarten experience this year. Her teacher is caring, knowledgeable and nurturing. We are thrilled!

Fifth Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2010
Lack of leadership is an understatement. Getting straight answers to serious concerns is exhausting at times. I have been lied to and had things about my child kept from me. There should be more strict rules in place for bullying. Currently, they are teaching anti bullying, but when it actually happens it is a mere slap on the wrist. And so it continues. I find they blame the victim more often than the attacker. Leadership is not there.

Fifth Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2009
This school has some very good teachers, but also has a total lack of leadership. The current principal, who may mean well, unfortunately has poor communication and interpersonal skills. If possible, speak to 5th avenue parents and get the real scoop.

Posted April 16, 2009
I have 2 children, grades K and 2 and I could not be happier. The teachers are excellent and caring. We've had such a good experience here.

Posted September 18, 2006

Fifth Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2005
- a former student

Fifth Avenue Elementary School
1157 5th Avenue, East Northport, NY  11731
Last modified Fifth Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fifth Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top