Posted November 14, 2013
I'm sick and tired of people writing reviews based on a single one off experience. As a father of two children in the school district I couldn't be more pleased with what I've seen. All of the teachers have been completely amazing. It has been overwhelming watching the transformation of my "little kids" into intellectual children, often teaching me things with the things they come home with. Having just recently come from another neighboring school district, three village absolutely blows it out of the water, and Arrowhead hasn't disappointed. Even with recent budget cutbacks Arrowhead school offers so many more programs than we ever had available to us at our previous school. (Middle Country) In response to a previous reviewer's comments stating that the administration is unapproachable, I can say that it completely false. I had to deal with an issue earlier this year, that had the potential to be a very big problem, (thankfully it was not) whereby I went up to the school and had the issue remedied within hours and no appointment was made. My family and I couldn't be happier than we are here at Arrowhead.

Arrowhead Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
The three village school district for some reason has a reputation of being the BEST. please do not be fooled by all the hype. This district and in fact Arrowhead elementary is by far the best. If your child is not GIFTED or has special needs be prepared for you child to be lost in the main stream. The class sizes are often out of ratio, and when addressed the administrations answer is "WE have the best teachers and they know how to handle every situation. Unfortunately our children are the ones that suffer. The Administration is unapproachable when you have a concern regarding your problems and are very quick to pre judge without knowing all the facts. for they sake of our children and their future please do yourself a favor and do all your fact finding and look past the smoke screen the school try's to dazzle you with. take a true part in your child's development because this schools leaves some of the best and the brightest behind... a frustrated and concerned parent.

Posted May 30, 2012
Love this school! My son's kindergarten year was terrific! Since the school has such a large number of children, it's natural that not everyone is going to have a 100% positive experience, but we certainly have. I was saddened to read some of the comments about the "challenged" children receiving the most attention. They absolutely do receive more individualized attention, simply because they need it. It doesn't mean that the rest of the children suffer, their needs are also met. I'm a regular education teacher in another district, and a proud mom of a special needs child as WELL as a typically developing child in 3V. Count your blessings if your child doesn't require intensive intervention. This is a great district and we're lucky to be able to send our children to these schools.

Posted April 12, 2012
Love this school! I have 2 children enrolled there. Fantastic teachers! Best in the district!

Arrowhead Elementary School 0

Posted September 13, 2007
I am very happy with the teachers and faculty at arrowhead. My son is very happy there.

Arrowhead Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2007
I strongly disagree with the last entry. We did ask for extra help for our child, who was struggling in math. We were told she didn't 'qualify' because she passed her state tests, and if we wanted we could hire a tutor ourselves. Meanwhile, she was getting 60's and 70's on her classrooms exams. I also agree if your child is average, forget it. This school caters to the gifted, and extremely challenged. Everyone else is treated as a whole, and it's sink or swim on your own. I am considering moving to another smaller district where they do help when asked. Also, administration needs to wake up. Our taxes keep going up each year, and we are offered less. What's the deal?

Arrowhead Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2007
I think this is a great school, administration and staff make you feel very welcome, and parent involvement is high. this is like going to a small town school where everyone knows everybody. I don't think that if you are average you are put aside to just be average. I do think that, if you are involved in your childs academic career, the sky would be the limit with the resources you have there. I don't think in my experience I ever heard the word 'NO' when asking for extra help, or asking for my children to be challenged. it's like they say.....'all you have to do is ask'!

Arrowhead Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2007

Posted July 11, 2006
Although this is a large elementary school, the class sizes remain small and the principal is very involved with all her students. It has a small school feel. There are plenty of extra curricular activities which I feel are so important. It also has a fanastic music dept. that you would never believe 4th graders could play in an orchestra and sound amazing. Overall I am enjoying my time at Arrowhead, my DD is a graduate, now in the JrHigh and my son is in the kindergarten, which is a new beautiful wing. Parental involvement remains strong, there are always more than enough parents willing to help with classes and trips. We feel very welcome in the school and the PTA makes a big difference in the quality of programs.

Arrowhead Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2006

Arrowhead Elementary School
62 Arrowhead Ln, East Setauket, NY  11733
Last modified Arrowhead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowhead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top