Posted September 12, 2014
Bishop Grimes #5 Along with receiving a great education, there are extra curricular activities offered such as band, chorus, jazz band, drama, BG TV, and art classes. Overall, I would recommend Bishop Grimes Junior-Senior High School to anyone. My experience there was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better education. Obviously while I attended Bishop Grimes I had more complaints, like all students, but looking back it was more than I could have asked for. I made life long relationships that I am very grateful for. Bishop Grimes is not only a place of learning but a place where any student will find a family within the faculty and students.

Posted June 24, 2013
My son just completed his first year at Bishop Grimes and we are highly satisfied. My son needed accommodations in the classroom, along with some of his peers, and we found the guidance and resource staff to be extremely responsive to all. Level of instruction was overall excellent, with a few exceptions. While there is the traditional lecturing style in some of the classes, others are more project-based. Homework is manageable. There are many opportunities for advanced students to take college level courses either in the school or at nearby Lemoyne College. Coaches have been welcoming of students who aren't gifted athletes. We've seen NO indication whatsoever of bullying; on the contrary, students are supportive of each other, stick up for each other, and grow close during their years at Grimes. The one caveat is if you're not "Catholic enough", you might feel uncomfortable with the amount of religiosity. There are religious murals on the walls and even meetings often start with a prayer.

Bishop Grimes Jr-Sr High School 1

Posted November 11, 2012
I do not recommend sending your children to Bishop Grimes. My child went to school there last year and there were many problems. For example, the teachers were rude and uncaring. They did not care about the students academically or socially. Bishop Grimes did not have new resources for the students learning and they seemed behind in their teaching techniques. It was not worth what I paid and you would be better off sending your children to any other school. I would even recommend sending your child to a city school over Bishop Grimes and that's saying something. Even Mrs. Kinnie in the attendance office was unprofessional. It was not a good environment to be in and not very catholic oriented. In addition, I spent a lot of money on gourmet pastries that I donated for the taste of grimes and there was no appreciation. My child has been to a private elementary school before and it was nothing like this. My advice is instead of spending money on this so called private school save the money for your childrens' college education and send them to your public school. Once again, I don't recommend going to Bishop Grimes Jr./Sr. Prep School. Sincerely, a dissatisfied parent.

Bishop Grimes Jr-Sr High School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
I graduated from Grimes and both my sons graduated from Grimes. It was the best option for them, looking back and as parents, we are glad we sacrificed to make it happen. Smaller school than most public schools in the area, but less of a chance for major problems. Good kids from various backgrounds and caring teachers that promote attending college to all.

Bishop Grimes Jr-Sr High School
6653 Kirkville Road, East Syracuse, NY  13057
Last modified Bishop Grimes Jr-Sr High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Bishop Grimes Jr-Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top