Elmont, NY

Posted April 28, 2014
This school has a huge care and concern that children have an understanding to be caring and kind to one another. Education is key. But i can tell thst there is a balance for fun. My child is new to the school but never wants to miss a day. This truly makes my heart feel glad that we live in the Franklin Square School district. How a the school can improve is creating an environment for new kids to meet each other and somehow hear from new kids transitioning regularly and have more parent teacher conferences. It is relieving to know that my child's teacher will take the time to meet with me or will call when I do have a concern.

John Street School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
The teachers and staff are very nice! The CPSE and CSE board are all about how to save the money on the services for the special needs kids! My child has severe autism and instead of increasing services they are decreasing them. God forbid if you ask them for additional services they shoot you down immediately! They are not equipped for the autistic they don't have the facility to teach them daily living skills which is more important than the ABC's.

Posted July 14, 2009

John Street School 2

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009
today is the spring concert!!!!!!im in T.A.G in this school and its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 01, 2008
I love this school. Three of my kids graduated years ago. I have one in there now.

Posted September 29, 2005
My older children attended John Street School. I felt that they had gotten an excellent education, which prepared them for middle school and beyond.

Posted April 01, 2005
I have a child who will be leaving John St School this year to go onto High School. I have to say that he received an excellent education, has mastered the saxophone, and has been involved in the 'TAG' Talented and Gifted Program at the school. The school has wonderful resources for students from special needs to the gifted. As in any other situation, you like some teachers more than others, but on the whole, it has been a pleasure having my son go from Kindergarden to 6th grade here. I also have a daughter who is currently in the 4th grade at John Street. She too is receiving an excellent education at John St. The PTA is very active in all areas involving a large percentage of the parents. From pumpkin patches,book fairs,bringing in authors, astronauts, hosting a career day, etc it's been a wonderful place for both of my children.

John Street School
560 Nassau Street, Elmont, NY  11003
Last modified John Street School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Street School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top