Ps 105 The Bay School 3

Posted May 26, 2011
In regards to teachers, I have no complaints. They are great. But one thing that should be changed is the supposed "Quiet Lunch Time" they have. Kids have to be quiet in class so they can learn. But why do they also have to be quiet while they eat lunch with their friends? This is why they become restless in the classroom. To top it off, some classes aren't even allowed outside to run around. I see bigger students and even Pre-K (private playground) playing, but my child never goes out to play. I am told that the class goes straight back to the classroom after lunch. How can children stay fit if they aren't given at least half an hour to run outside and play? I remember recess was fun. You ate lunch, chit chat with your friends and then go chase each other for a bit! The safety issue is a problem as well, like the previous parent stated. The safety agents only care about eating and looking good. Every time I see one they are stuffing their face or just standing there while kids run and go crazy in the front during dismissal. If they have to have quiet lunch time, they should enforce quiet dismissal and not have them running around knocking the smaller kids down or hurting people.

Posted May 03, 2010
This school as well as the Principal really need to change a lot of things that go on in there !! They feel its okay to have the kids unsupervised in the mornings . If its cold out your children wait out in the cold while the Principal and her staff are nice and warm in doors.drinking coffee and eating food .(How nice) Well If you have more then one child who is grd 3 & up they must be in school by 8am yea 8am .now that is fine ...But if you have kids that are in Pre-K- 2grd they go in at 8:10am well that's what they say ..sometimes they let the kids in at 8:17am . so If its cold, raining ,bad weather you have to wait out side .They don't not allow the kids in . Now if you are a working parents and have to be at work by a certain time your kids are left unattended out side the school . Yes unattended No safety agents , no parent volunteers nothing !!! when u bring it to the schools attention all they say is ..''Parents need to stay and supervised their kids''. Now mined you the auditorium is free at that time . no one is using it !! So why not let the kids sit in their ,why not give them shelter from the bad weather ???? They say they don't have staff to watch the kids ..and the ''princable '' dose not want the auditorium to be used for that ! ..So why when parents offer to volunteer they say No . we can not depend on volunteers plus the auditorium is not meant for that !. (Not cool) So that leaves this ! If you have a job ..you need to leave you kids unattended out side the school and hope and pray nothing bad happens ! Pray your kids don't sick from being in the cold or in the rain . Pray that no one comes to kidnap them as they wait out side the school . Now the sad part is the teachers are great ..they are wonderful . But they can not do everything . Plus the rate of kids fighting and the rate of how many kids get Bullied is unbelievable . My kids see at least 4 fight in a day ! and that's on a good day ! Dismissal is crazy !!! Kids ruining all over ..Again no one to supervise ..they have safety agents but they stay in ..they once in a while when its nice out come out side to talk to parents . so please parents think wisely about this school . Safety is #1. With out a safe environment how can your feel at ease while you work or are in school . how can your kids learn if they don't feel safe . this school gets a 0 from me . shame, shame

Ps 105 The Bay School 5

Posted January 12, 2010

Ps 105 The Bay School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
I have lived in far rockaway for a little over two years, and this was the school in my district that I had to take my daughter to. I wasn't pleased with the school at first but after a year and I then I started volunterring at the school, I saw it from a different angle. In other words I gave the school a chance and I was glad I did. The teachers that my daughter have had and the one she has know are all very good at their job. I also commend the principal Ms. Sharipo for a great job and I can only hope that she can continue to do so in the future.

Posted March 22, 2009
I love the pricipal Ms. Shapiro. Her model is that during school hours, those are her children inside of her house. And any one that doesn't like the way she runs it can leave. The reason i like this is because most of these kids need discipline and direction. It doesn't end when they leave their homes in the morning. She can discipline my child any day. Also, backing her up is the strong assistant principal. He knows just how to handle situations and he keeps parents aware of the childrens progress. I can only hope that when my child enters high school next year, that he goes to a school with staff that cares as much as the staff at ps 105

Ps 105 The Bay School 2

Posted March 20, 2009
The teachers at PS 105 are great, there is not one bad thingi can think about them at all. when it comes to school leadership and other adults around the building I just don't get it. The school safety agents are unbelievably unprofeesional. When you ask school coordinators or their 'leadership' team for advice on where to go or waht to do in bad situations no one has an answer for you. Parent involvement is close to none, and then people wonder why. Parents do not feel so welcome at PS 105

Ps 105 The Bay School 5

Posted March 19, 2009
i love because the Principal is so nice and keep children control

Ps 105 The Bay School 4

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted November 12, 2008
The leadership in this school is not great. Principals and assistant principals care more about appearanc than about the children.

Ps 105 The Bay School 4

Posted December 21, 2006

Ps 105 The Bay School
420 Beach 51st St, Far Rockaway, NY  11691
Last modified Ps 105 The Bay School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 105 The Bay School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.