Posted October 01, 2014
I had a child pass thur and now in high school. And one child still attending their . Since mr Fairweather has taken the principal role it's been dowhill . The staff are doing things that aren't protocol. But only cause their being told to do so and in fear of risking their jobs they do it .something needs to be done they are neglecting these childern.

Ps 43 2

Posted August 21, 2014
This school needs to improve their special education program with teacher who are dedicated to the needs of a special needs child instead of their own needs. I would not recommend this school not even to my worst enemy who has a special needs child..

Ps 43 3

Posted April 29, 2014
If only people knew what s really going on here and how certain people on the staff are singled out by a certain AP who has a lot of issues himself. Why is he still here when its so obvious

Posted April 23, 2014
This school need Good teachers,teachers who need a job,not hang outs . Good leadership quality principal , who observed the teachers intellectual abilities and team teaching approach. The front entrance needs steam cleaning too. The children project's need to be advertise more the school.

Posted October 24, 2013
It is.an excellent school with great staff. I had one child pass through who is now attending a specialized high school and graduate with honors and 2nd child in ap class..the schol is perfect for all 3 of my children..it right by the sea and the play groumd park is great for the kids..I hope my excellent review for this school..

Posted May 08, 2013
This school has exceptional teachers, and an excellent art, music and drama department. The princapal Mr. Fairweather is professional and is doing a great job creating a secure school with an amazing staff.

Posted March 31, 2013
My school is full of teachers who care about their students. There are so many people who want my child to succeed that I can't possibly list them all!!!

Posted January 30, 2013
Best. School. Ever. The teachers are caring and helpful. We really want to see PS 43 shine!

Posted January 27, 2013
Always drama going on with the people in charge. They should refocus on the meaningful issues and act with\ some honesty amongst themselves.

Ps 43 3

Posted August 09, 2010
My 5th grader has been attending PS 43 since kindergarten & I have to disagree with the post regarding lack communication with admin. I have always been able to contact & receive return calls from admin, from the teachers to the AP (I understand not speaking to Mr. Q. He's a busy man). The teachers are caring, attentive, and very involved. Organzation can be improved. My issue lies with some of the children that attend the school. They come to school frustrated & angry, which makes the school environment distracting for others and at times unsafe. If the school should do anything, it should be more agressive with helping these children to channel their emotions, so that the environment can be condusive for all. Unfortunately, parents need to be more involved in this endeavor for it to be successful.

Ps 43
160 Beach 29th St, Far Rockaway, NY  11691
Last modified Ps 43 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 43 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top