Far Rockaway, NY
After care: No

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter and son go to this school, i am very happy with it because it keeps me informed. Of my kids progresses, and my son have learned a lot here.

PS 253 2

Posted March 13, 2014
this is school very bad. because the number of student in the classroom 30 students. one teacher for 30 student.how can any teacher teach them ?.principal always refeiwes to meet parents ..teachers always absent.

PS 253 0

Posted December 04, 2009
My husband and I are very disappointed with this school. The staff and administration is very unprofessional and disorganized. This school needs to be reviewed by authorities.

PS 253 1

Posted July 20, 2009
My daughter has attended the school since it opened. She began in pre- k and is now going to the third grade. Although I hear that there is a waiting list for this school...its not worth it. The principle is unprofessional, the staff could care less, the teachers doesn't seem fit to even teach these kids how to tie their shoes, and i don't like that they're not flexible to working parents. You're not able to check on your child and forget trying to contact the teacher or anyone else ...they never give the messages and no one ever contacts you. The only one who gets my praises is the asst. principle.

PS 253 0

Posted March 12, 2009
My son has been a student at 253 since 2007. The school is constantly going through changes and there is not enough positive communication among/between staff. Notices are not usually distributed to all parents/caregivers on time or at all for that matter. Parents/caregivers are not welcome to visit the school or check on their child if they need to. Meetings are not scheduled efficiently scheduled for working parents. The Principal is not good with appointments; not for parents or even community organizations. The teachers seem stressed out and tone of the school is declining to uninviting

Posted May 29, 2008
My son has attended this school since the 1st day it opened in 9/2004. The staff and school setting both live beyond my expectations as a devoted and concerned parent. My son was accepted to the Aster Gifted Program but due to his comfortabilty and my great approval with the school itself, I allowed him to continue his Elementary days at PS 253. Overall this school gets a complete 5 stars from my husband, myself and most of all my son. My four year old starts Pre-K in September.

Posted March 21, 2008

Posted December 21, 2006

PS 253
1307 Central Ave., Far Rockaway, NY  11691
Last modified PS 253 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
PS 253 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top