Public charter
Far Rockaway, NY

Posted April 24, 2013
AMAZING SCHOOL!!, I really love this school. I notice improvements since my daughter switched schools, she did great on the Ny state test and the teachers teach the child very well! My daughter also loves the school she made friends, got perfect grades, and liked the teachers. The staff and Teachers are very nice and friendly.

Posted February 07, 2012
my son has excelled since arriving to ppa, we are so proud of his progress and we love the staff of PPA they are very caring and also set a high standard of learning.

Posted September 06, 2009
I really think it's time for this school to have an up to date website.

Posted June 01, 2009
Excellent school in terms of a public education.The hours are 8am-4pm....kinda long...but my daughter is excelling.It's her 2nd year.Her Kindergarten teacher Mrs Johnson was excellent...her 1st grade teacher Mrs Garcon is excellent. the problem I see is with the kid's coming in with no formal training at home.So like someone said earlier parental involvement is essential.Why should my child lose learning time cause a teacher is disciplining your child?If your child is on red...he/she is behaving badly. The most important opinion is the kids...unfortunately they cannot leave a review.They run into the school in the mornings.That says it all.My daughter loves to go this school. Paulette Jemmott-Wiley

Posted May 26, 2009
This is my daughter's 2nd year in this school and academically its excellent. I grew up going to private school and this school tops what I had initially expected, especially for a public school in Queens/NYC. Unfortunately, we are in a rough neighborhood where parents seem to think that the teachers can fix all the problems but in order for a child to EXCEL academically, they need support at HOME. The biggest issue I have seen in this school as far as students go is their BEHAVIOR. Teachers are limited to how much they can discipline a child, and it becomes a challenge when basic rules are not enforced at HOME. I trully wish to see the Board of Ed assist some more and see the school building actually come to life. I would definately recommend this school to anyone with children entering k-5th.

Posted May 08, 2009
i think they don't how to deal with children.they aren't professional,they don't have good communication with the parents.they don't let the the kids be kids.they expect kindergardens to be robots and not to express themselves.i think they need to improve the way the rin the school,the also need security guards.

Posted January 05, 2009
it is sad that teachers do not know how to teach any more every day my child will come home from school feeling sad that he is on red for just being a kid at heart this school need a lot of one on one help the reason why i said this is because i was told that this was my chioce to send my child to ppa and this is also my choice that i have to do to take my child out. my child was not learned any thing in this school .it a joke

Posted June 19, 2008
Since my son has been going to this school he always has problems dealing with his teachers. I agree with one the the other parents review, the teachers do not know how to handle the kids. They knit pick over every thing and don't give them a chance to be kids. I also don't like the long hours he has to be in school, he is so exhausted when he ghets home it's so hard to sit and do his homework, the teachers don't communicate with the parents at all. My son will not be attending anymore.

Posted April 18, 2008
since my son start this school I see a lot of success, he is doing much better at his work and he is improving more and more every day. my son teacher mrs Gallo is great, we all love her. I think some parent need to stop putting down this school and lets all try to make our child school a better school. thats all a'm saying. do your part

Peninsula Preparatory Academy Charter School 1

Posted March 29, 2008
i don't know for sure what's going to become of this school but as of now I really think this school needs a lot of help to become a better school. Some of the teachers don't know what they are doing, they also don't know how to deal with the children.

611 Beach 19th Street, Far Rockaway, NY  11691
Last modified Peninsula Preparatory Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peninsula Preparatory Academy Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top