Floral Park, NY

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 16, 2015
This school has an outstanding Administration along with a devoted Parent Coordinator who instills a love of learning and a support system for all parents.

Posted June 24, 2015
This was a great neighborhood to grow up in and the teachers were amazing! The school also has great diversity.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
I just saw the post below this and I'm shocked by the attitude of that parent. My child is also in g&t and it's been wonderful. She adores the teacher, who has an incredible way of interacting with children. I couldn't be happier that Ms. Sciortino hired her this year! To the parent below, how about take an interest in your child as a person and not in pounding math into a 4 year old. The shame is on you, not the teacher.

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 3

Posted May 19, 2015
I drive 15mins just to send my kid to GT class(kinder) and it's seems it's not worth it. Two GT class are so different in academics one is just superior to the other. Since they will be mixed and divided moving into 1st grade I have great concern whether my child will be able to catch up. Ofcourse I had meetings with teacher and it seems this teacher is all sugar talk. So often many materials are not updated and homeworks are given without directions, we(parents) have to exchange messages just to check them. The schoold hired under qualified GT teacher and they are just covering her. Yes, it is her first time teaching GT. This teacher only teached pre-K level kids before hired as Kinder GT class teacher... Shame

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 4

Posted February 26, 2015
Pros: The school principal and assistant principal are very hands on. Either one or both attends all school events and know a lot of the kids by name. They also have a great resource of cluster classes. The kids go to a different specialty everyday! (science, music, art, computers, social studies and media center) It keeps the kids moving. I also attend the PTA meetings and they seem to keep trying to pull more programs INTO the school and not out! GT Review: My child is in the GT class. It is somewhat challenging but usually just very repetitive. They do not take the lessons a step further with enrichment materials. Math is not the focus here. They focus more on reading/writing. If you plan to put your child in for GT be prepared for a lot of writing assignments. I wish it had more balance as a lot of GT kids could benefit from a STEM based program. Overall I am happy with the school. It was actually my 3rd choice but in the end I think this school was the best option for us.

Posted November 08, 2014
P.S.115 is a very special school. Whenever I have a concern or a question, the Parent Coordinator, Principal or Assistant Principal always respond very quickly. The always put me at ease for my child. I feel very comfortable at P.S.115 and I highly recommend this school. Thank you Mr. Burke for always being there for my child and all the families.

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 2

Posted September 28, 2014
I am so disappointed that up to now what they have in their Math class is about shapes, take note only the Basic shapes! and some baby stuff in ELA/Reading. My child is in the G&T Program!!! She's starting to ask me already why her work was so "babyish" and "boring". "I got more work in my Pre-k". The 4days long weekend that we have right now, No HW, reading log or whatsoever! Calling the admin of PS115, pls help their teacher!

Posted December 03, 2013
What a great school. As a parent of a child in the G&T program it was difficult at first to choose the right school for him. I am happy to say that my son is doing great. The education they are providing is exceptional. The new science lab, computer lab, music class, art class and the involvement of the teachers and Principal has definitely made a positive impact on my child's education. He thoroughly enjoys school. Lastly, the parents all seem very involved in their child's education and are friendly. I do not regret my choice in school and encourage other G&T parents to consider this amazing program.

Posted October 30, 2013
This is a wonderful school with great educators from the principal to the janitorial staff to the parent coordinator My children have settled in so well and that is due to the wonderful teachers who really care for all the children. I love the fact in addition to all the core curriculum lessons, they have music lessons in school and an after school violin, viola and cello program for the students

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 4

Posted October 23, 2013
We were placed in the school as part of the Gifted and Talented program. The school as a whole is clean and up kept well. The staff is a great. It is wonderful to see such enthusiasm from the Principal and parent coordinator. The school's score has increased this past year and hope it will continue to over the next years so it will be more competitive within our district.

80-51 261st St, Floral Park, NY  11004
Last modified P.S. 115 Glen Oaks is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 115 Glen Oaks Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top