Floral Park Bellerose School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
It was a big mistake to move into this horrific school district, my husband and I can not wait to move out of here fast enough. The principal, is incompetent to run a school. She has absolutely no educational direction and sway either way the wind blows. The superintendent is out of touch with the parents and students. The administration doesnot care about the quality of the educational experiences of the students, but rather political actions that can help them secure their high paying salary. Therefore, exercising their authority to bully parents in situations that was not thoroughly look into before making an unreasonable judgement against innocent children.

Posted July 22, 2014
I LOVE THE WAY THEY TEACH....GREAT SCHOOL....ONLY I CAN SAY GOOD THINGS...I AM VERY GREATFUL TO ALL THE TEACHERS....

Posted July 19, 2014
Floral Park-Bellerose School: This school has been a centerpiece of the community since the 1920's and has had an incredible track record of preparing the K-6 students for the high school experience. Giving a school 3-stars because of food allergies or half-day knidergarten is way over the top; look at the education itself and judge the school by comparing to the other elementrary schools in Nassau and Suffolk County. You will find the school ranked in the top 25% while the teacher salaries are lower than most districts thus providing a value to taxpayers. While the superintendent leaves a little to be desired with a focus on $$$ at the direction of a wayward school board, the teachers have been very professional and continue to deliver through their exceptional skill for our students. For decades FPBSD had exceptional principals for the two elementary schools; not granting tenure to one of them in their 3rd year suggests a desire for a stronger leader, and this is not something to knock a district on. Re: 1/2 K, the concern for decades was if FPBSD offered full-day, it could cause a large decrease in OLV Catholic School enrollment as it offered full-time K as an enticement.

Floral Park Bellerose School 2

Posted April 21, 2014
This school is quickly going down the tubes. The principal has been caught lying to teachers and parents on numerous occasions. She has no control over the students, so in a sense, "the inmates are running the asylum." The new Superintendent is completely out of touch with the parents and students of the schools he is in charge of. The classrooms are becoming overcrowded - 25:1 student to teacher ratio. The teachers are unhappy and it is starting to reflect upon the students. The students in this school are suffering.

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a former student of the FPBS. I graduated in 1972. This school was fabulous and we learned, even with 30 kids in a class. Looking at the latest state scores, this school is still producing smart kids. Why then do I keep reading the same complaints over and over again. Before you moved to Floral Park, did you inquire about full day kindergarten? Knowing they did not offer this option, the house did not meet your needs, so that means don't move to FP. The taxes.....really too high? Move across Jericho/Jamaica Avenue and send your kids to the city schools. As close as Floral Park is to NYC and not in the city school system, folks are complaining about what I see as low taxes? We pay what you pay and more out here in Suffolk County. Yes there are generations of folks that stayed in Floral Park. These are also the folks and their ancestors that volunteered and ran the PTA, headed up the local girl scout troop, coached the local Little League and donated endless hours to projects and charities around the area. If they are well known in the school, it is because they make themselves available. I have nothing but fond memories of my days K-6 at the FPBS.

Floral Park Bellerose School 3

Posted October 02, 2013
Until recently I would have nothing but good to say about this school. This school is not accommodating to children with food allergies. They need to join other districts and schools in recognizing the seriousness of these life threatening allergies.

Floral Park Bellerose School 2

Posted February 14, 2012
I am a Floral Park resident, but my kindergarten-aged son is in private school for two reasons. First, Floral Park does not have a full-day kindergarten with aftercare like most districts, and my wife and I both work. We wanted to inquire about sending my son to first grade at Floral Park-Bellerose last year, a year early, because his IQ was measured by a psychologist as being genius level and he has already completed everything taught in first grade, but the principal declined to return phone calls for two weeks and then dismissively told me that she would not even consider it. So we sent him to private kindergarten, and we thought we'd try again for first grade this fall. This time, I have not been able to get the person in charge of aftercare to return my phone calls. The impression I have been given is that the administration cannot handle anything but the average and expected, and is completely inflexible. Since that does not bode well for our son's education, we are looking into private schools for the long haul. If it turns out that we cannot afford private school and have to send our son here, I will update with whatever positive or negative details develop then.

Floral Park Bellerose School 3

Posted May 26, 2011
Floral Park Bellerose is a good school overall. I currently have one child attending the school and another child attending kindergarten in September. Considering all of the taxes we pay, it is unfortunate for both the children and working parents that the school only offers a 1/2 day kindergarten program. All the surrounding districts, in both Nassau and Queens county, offer full day kindergarten.

Floral Park Bellerose School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
The educational standards f this school is incredible. However, because of budget cuts programs for the students are being cut. The school has a high graduation rate compared to most school as well as high scoring students on mandatory tests

Posted December 18, 2009
This is an outstanding school with terrific teachers and a great adminstration staff.

Floral Park Bellerose School
2 Larch Avenue, Floral Park, NY  11001
Last modified Floral Park Bellerose School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floral Park Bellerose School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top