Ps 26 Rufus King 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I've been involved with this school since 2007. My eldest did his 5th grade from here. My middle son was here since Kindergarten and graduated from 5th grade last year and my daughter has been here since Pre-K and is going on to 2nd grade in Sept. My kids have had a wonderful experience throughout these years. Individual attention, personal growth, encouragement, opportunity, hugs, compassion, you name it, this school provides it. Dr. Koski & Ms. Gershman have been great leaders for many years. There are ample extra curricular activities and the PTA does a fantastic job at fundraising & using those funds throughout the year. The only setback, I think, is not having a G&T program in the school. Other than that (& a sprinkle of complaints about a couple of teachers in these 8 years) I have great words for this school!

Posted June 24, 2013
My daughter is always happy to go to school. She is always looking forward to go. It make me happy that the school have diffrent culture and that the kids all get along as one. I am sorry that some parent do not feel that way but all children consider themselves as one. I wish the parent will get along with each other as the children do. The teachers are very professional and also the staff. We should not fight. Keep the good work.

Ps 26 Rufus King 1

Posted September 24, 2012
Beware of this school if your child is shy. My daughter just started Kindergarten. She is extremely shy and as such, does not and would not talk to adults. There's been instances when she goes to a friend's house and even after spending the entire day there, she would not speak to her friend's parents. After two weeks at the school, instead of trying to draw her out of her shell or asking the parents, the teacher took it upon herself to enroll her in ESL. The teacher did not even bother to ask the parent if there are any issues why the child is not talking and just assumed she did not speak English. This is absolutely ridiculous and I (the mom) is absolutely furious and totally disgusted. What type of teacher would do this to a child? Penalize her for being shy...

Ps 26 Rufus King 4

Posted September 23, 2012
My son started this school in 1st grade and I loved it! The teachers are great, really put kids first and make sure parents are informed of child's progress. My son felt comfortable in his environment & loved his science teacher. We've had no problem there of any sorts. The faculty & staff really encourage children to do well. I've moved out of state and really miss the school and my kids do too. Great school!

Posted November 12, 2009

Ps 26 Rufus King 0

Posted June 23, 2009
It's really a great school. My daughter went to Gifted and Talented program in District 26 from PS 26. I don't feel the new school is better than PS 26 at all.

Ps 26 Rufus King 0

Posted May 20, 2009
I am a 2008 graduate of this school. This schoool is the most amazing school in the universe. It is academicly good and it has different activities and programs that gives parents and teacher a chance to get involved. But PS 26 isn't about helping themselves it's about helping others like classmates, friends, neighbors, etc. Almost every year we pick a theme and we fill up backpacks with donations for school, camping, etc. We ask for donations from students and we donate them to an orphanage who is unfortunate than us. I have learned many things in this school that has prepared me for the bumpy trip through junior high. I love this school it taught me many things. My education is known to me as a tree but my roots are right here at PS26.

Posted January 12, 2009
P.S. 26 is a wonderful school. My son is in Ms. Seonwoo's kindergarten class and doing extremely well. I feel infomed and included which I believe is key to a childs education. I'm pleased with the curriculum and the progress he's made since September. When I've asked him about Dr. Koski he says 'she comes to our class and gives us compliments'. My son does nothing but rave about all his teachers. He's having a wonderfual time and I'm glad we are part of P.S. 26.

Posted November 25, 2008
PS. 26 is a great school. My daughter is in Kindergarten right now and very happy to be there. She loves her teacher Ms Bilczic, who is a wonderful person and very devoted to her work. As a parent I'm very happy with the fact that she is aware & pays extra attention to each students' needs and aptitude level and try to focus them on appropriate activities accordingly. Principal is great and gives personal attention to all students. Over all the environment is excellent and very friendly.

Posted October 14, 2008
P.S.26 is a great school. Principal has great leadership. Teachers are nice and encouraging. I especially like Kindergarten teacher.

Ps 26 Rufus King
195-02 69th Ave, Flushing, NY  11365
Last modified Ps 26 Rufus King is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 26 Rufus King Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.