Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Let me tell you something. I'm a current senior and academic wise, this school aint bad. Now behavior wise? I'll tell you in advance that major cursing goes on in Ryan. Most teachers are helpful and actually care about the well being of the students. But making friends is the essential key of being in this school. Without them, school would be hella boring.

Ryan has positive and negative qualities, as every school does. I am very pleased with some teachers and administrators, but disappointed with others.

My school is awesome. They offer you everything. This school is probably the Best School in the district.

I am a sixth grader in George J. Ryan Middle School 216, Calss 6224 and I love it here. This school is the best and the honors classes are filled with brainiacs.

I'm a senior at this school and I have to admit I am so proud to be a member of this school. The environment is great that no one actually feels like leaving for high school. Th teacher's are very helpful , and the staff are truly good people. Being a senior at this school it's truly so fun because of all the senior activities the principal gives. You won't regret going to this school !

In my opinion, the school needs work. Security is not as efficient as they should be. Teachers need to communicate with parents instead of only at PTC or after a note from the parents. They are the first to see and knows if a child is falling back..etc. As for leadership, it is being apart of who you precede over. The principal needs to interact with the students instead of over the speakers. Overall this school needs to accept negatives and treat it with concerns, not take it personally. Parents are partners not outsiders..

everything parentss are saying are very wrong george j ryan is a very good school there is no bullying or there will be serious consiquences

I had to take my son out of this school in a middle of 7th grade. Do not send your kids their. My son was depressed and harassed by a teacher because he was asking too many questions. Well, he has a curious mind. Principal and assistant principal were not helpful at all. They don't appreciate smart kids (my son is in top 10% Nationwide in Math) and was always an A student. Please review Learning Environment Surveys before you send your kids to any school. They don't like when parent gets involved either. My cousin now is having the same issues after she moved to Fresh Meadows and had to send her kids to Ryan.

I'm a current student at this school and i think that its amazing . I can from a school where all the kids were going to ms.158 or ms.74 so basically i came here as a friendless loser. By the second day of 6th grade i made my first friend and then by 7th grade i went to honors and made more friends. Im in law academy and i think that its the best because the assistant princable is AWESOME! and the yard is one big thing that makes our school different while other schools have boring yards our has grass, handball courts, basketball courts, and picnic tables and many benches and trees to provide shade during the hot summer time. In gym they have many different sports we get to play like volleyball, soccer, basketball, and base ball. Talent: I think that art is the best talent because we actually get to do stuff! im making a sculpture and we did paintings and used pastels last year.

This school is great and can make you have a better future. Arbys and Dunkin Donuts is right next to the school. We have vending machines. The school has a great leadership. The education teachings are great. The teachers are strict only if you don't do your homework sometimes, and don't respect them. You should attendthis school. It's fun, smart, has lots of programs so attend it!

Last modified Jhs 216 George J Ryan is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.