Jhs 216 George J Ryan 4

Posted April 25, 2014
Ryan has positive and negative qualities, as every school does. I am very pleased with some teachers and administrators, but disappointed with others.

Posted January 02, 2014
My school is awesome. They offer you everything. This school is probably the Best School in the district.

Posted December 11, 2013
I am a sixth grader in George J. Ryan Middle School 216, Calss 6224 and I love it here. This school is the best and the honors classes are filled with brainiacs.

Posted October 14, 2013
I'm a senior at this school and I have to admit I am so proud to be a member of this school. The environment is great that no one actually feels like leaving for high school. Th teacher's are very helpful , and the staff are truly good people. Being a senior at this school it's truly so fun because of all the senior activities the principal gives. You won't regret going to this school !

Jhs 216 George J Ryan 3

Posted March 14, 2013
In my opinion, the school needs work. Security is not as efficient as they should be. Teachers need to communicate with parents instead of only at PTC or after a note from the parents. They are the first to see and knows if a child is falling back..etc. As for leadership, it is being apart of who you precede over. The principal needs to interact with the students instead of over the speakers. Overall this school needs to accept negatives and treat it with concerns, not take it personally. Parents are partners not outsiders..

Posted September 26, 2012
everything parentss are saying are very wrong george j ryan is a very good school there is no bullying or there will be serious consiquences

Jhs 216 George J Ryan 1

Posted August 02, 2012
I had to take my son out of this school in a middle of 7th grade. Do not send your kids their. My son was depressed and harassed by a teacher because he was asking too many questions. Well, he has a curious mind. Principal and assistant principal were not helpful at all. They don't appreciate smart kids (my son is in top 10% Nationwide in Math) and was always an A student. Please review Learning Environment Surveys before you send your kids to any school. They don't like when parent gets involved either. My cousin now is having the same issues after she moved to Fresh Meadows and had to send her kids to Ryan.

Posted March 10, 2011
I'm a current student at this school and i think that its amazing . I can from a school where all the kids were going to ms.158 or ms.74 so basically i came here as a friendless loser. By the second day of 6th grade i made my first friend and then by 7th grade i went to honors and made more friends. Im in law academy and i think that its the best because the assistant princable is AWESOME! and the yard is one big thing that makes our school different while other schools have boring yards our has grass, handball courts, basketball courts, and picnic tables and many benches and trees to provide shade during the hot summer time. In gym they have many different sports we get to play like volleyball, soccer, basketball, and base ball. Talent: I think that art is the best talent because we actually get to do stuff! im making a sculpture and we did paintings and used pastels last year.

Posted January 16, 2011
This school is great and can make you have a better future. Arbys and Dunkin Donuts is right next to the school. We have vending machines. The school has a great leadership. The education teachings are great. The teachers are strict only if you don't do your homework sometimes, and don't respect them. You should attendthis school. It's fun, smart, has lots of programs so attend it!

Posted January 03, 2011
my son graduated in june 2010 and he loved it their. the school is full of great teachers and students. i highly recommend this school to other parents. now since my son is in high school he misses his old middle school and hes always wishing he could go back

Jhs 216 George J Ryan
64-20 175th St, Flushing, NY  11365
(718) 358-2005
Last modified Jhs 216 George J Ryan is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 216 George J Ryan Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top