Posted November 23, 2014
I've had 2 kids in the school for 8 & 5 years. I've certainly been very happy with the education. More than that, I've been thrilled with the internal sense of community at all levels.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2014
I have been a volunteer at St. Andrew's for many years. I am very saddened to see some of the comments that people post on the site. This is an outstanding school. Every time I enter the school I see and hear happy children! The principal is definitely hands on I would never tolerate bullying in her school. It's too bad that the majority of the people who are happy and content with the education their child is receiving do not post to this site to counteract the negative comments. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for the best education out there!

St. Andrew Avellino School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
This school is FAR from a safe environment. Its has a history of doing NOTHING about bullying NOTHING it was allowed, and modeled by many teachers who were bullies themselves! An extensive history, the past cannont be rewritten,and has been swept under the carpet at this school. NOT a good place for children.

Posted August 19, 2014
Parents who are looking for a safe, loving, challenging environment for your children will find that Saint Andrew Avellino is the BEST! It starts with Nursery and ends in the 8th grade. Please do not listen to negative reviews! I can guarantee that there are ulterior motives to the negative reviews. Check it out for yourself. Look at the test scores! They blow every other school out of the water. You are doing your children a disservice by not sending them to SAA.

Posted June 02, 2014
There are not enough words to express how wonderful this school is . My children are so blessed to apart of such a wonderful enriching community. The principal has a open door policy and always available to take any concerns or worries that you may have . Not every principal knows each child and siblings by name and gets to know every family member by name that walks through the school. I was surprised that every test paper is signed by the principal Mrs. Hanna . This year was very special my son received communion and was taught by an amazing women Mrs. Kennedy. I know she has been teaching for over 40 years because I also had the honor of her being my teacher. She has such an amazing way of making you feel Gods Love . My son embraced religion this year with such compassion and excitement that I have Mrs. Kennedy to thank. There are special people in this world and from my personal experience Mrs. Kennedy is one of a kind. Our children need a strong foundation to survive in the world they need discipline and respect you will find this at St Andrews.

Posted April 11, 2014
There aren't any great schools. Bricks are made from things like clay, and calcium. And some paints may even be toxic. Not very conducive to feeding the brain or the spiritual well being of children. To put it simply the people who teach, care, and give of themselves are the builders of minds, spirits, and the soul. It's these people, the educators of St. Andrew Avellino school who perpetually give of themselves and come from a place of discipleship that lay the groundwork and nourish the foundation conducive to the edification and success of all their students. There are great teachers,teachers who get involved, who preach and teach compassion, fairness, and protect those children who are in need of immediate attention. They are the principal, faculty, and staff of St. Andrew Avellino. That's what makes us a step above the rest. That's what makes us irresistible.

Posted April 02, 2014
I am a Parent with multiple children in the school. St. Andrews is a warm, loving community of learners. My children are well adjusted and are developing friendships that will probably last a lifetime. In addition, the scores in both ELA and MATH routinely beat all schools in Queens. Frankly, this school is a gem. If this school was in Manhattan there would be a waiting list a mile long. The community and education is comparable and on level with the independent schools.

Posted March 18, 2014
I am a former parent who has three children who graduated from this school. They are now in high school and college. The upper grades prepared my students so that the transition to high school was seamless. The teachers treat you like an adult and unfortunately today too many children need their hands held as referenced by the negative comments. As for bullying it is not tolerated and their have been anti-bullying meetings held but parents do not attend. Maybe some parents should take an active role in their childrens school instead of making comments. This school is worth the price. You cannot argue with their results.

Posted March 12, 2014
After reading some of these comments, I feel the need to clear up some very significant in accuracies. First off the second grade teacher has never been the principal of the school nor is she in any other type of administrative position. The principal also has a zero tolerance for bullying. All issues are dealt with on an individual basis and are handled with great care. Having been in the school on numerous occasions there is a very joyful atmosphere throughout the building where students are engaged and enthusiastic about learning. It's a shame that disgruntled parents or students are using this as a forum to bring negativity to such a terrific school!

St. Andrew Avellino School 1

Posted December 11, 2013
As a graduated student from SAA, my Review is not coming from a biased parent, it is a Primary Source... My overall experience was poor. For the amount of money you are paying for your child to receive a "Great learning experience," is simply a useless investment. The 8th grade dictator as i call her, made my SAA experience miserable. (And you all know who she is) She simply is and always will be the perfect example of a walking talking Tin Man, with not the slightest essence of a heart. This said person, Deliberately targets students that lack the ability to defend themselves. You can actually tell which teachers are parents and which teachers are miserable tyrants. I have seen teachers look the other way when a fellow classmate was being bullied. And sadly the sense of favoritism is strong among students that are related to and/or whose parents are members of the "mothers club."

St. Andrew Avellino School
35-50 158 Street, Flushing, NY  11358
Last modified St. Andrew Avellino School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Andrew Avellino School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top