PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Good School. Principal knows everyone by name and her door is always open. Not enough activities but hopefully that will change now that it is an academy.

Makes you want to turn atheist. No one likes you and no one will unless you kiss up and forced to step up

St. Andrew's is a fantastic school. Children are always challenged and encouraged to always put forth their best effort. 8th graders are accepted to high schools of their choice including both Catholic and specialized schools. I would highly recommend this school.

Awesome staff and students! High-quality education at an affordable price. Morning and after care available for a nominal fee; great for working parents!

I have had several children go through the school and here are some facts: if your kid is not naturally bright they will struggle the whole time and feel less than adequate. if your kid is chatty or silly forget about it, you will have to listen to 20 minute lectures from the teacher about how your kid talks too much and they will recommend doctors and medication. if your kid doesn't step it up in 7th and 8th grade and kiss up to the teachers they will make their life horrible. My kids came home crying so many times in the upper grades, not because they failed a test or got in trouble but because their teacher teased them and my kids thought the teacher hated them. Why can't teachers respect children? One of my kids witnessed the 8th grade teachers make fun of a student who was easily distracted that my kid vowed to never be a catholic. My kid knew that kid's entire medical history by listening to the teachers talk and make fun of this child.

I've had 2 kids in the school for 8 & 5 years. I've certainly been very happy with the education. More than that, I've been thrilled with the internal sense of community at all levels.

I have been a volunteer at St. Andrew's for many years. I am very saddened to see some of the comments that people post on the site. This is an outstanding school. Every time I enter the school I see and hear happy children! The principal is definitely hands on I would never tolerate bullying in her school. It's too bad that the majority of the people who are happy and content with the education their child is receiving do not post to this site to counteract the negative comments. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for the best education out there!

This school is FAR from a safe environment. Its has a history of doing NOTHING about bullying NOTHING it was allowed, and modeled by many teachers who were bullies themselves! An extensive history, the past cannont be rewritten,and has been swept under the carpet at this school. NOT a good place for children.

Parents who are looking for a safe, loving, challenging environment for your children will find that Saint Andrew Avellino is the BEST! It starts with Nursery and ends in the 8th grade. Please do not listen to negative reviews! I can guarantee that there are ulterior motives to the negative reviews. Check it out for yourself. Look at the test scores! They blow every other school out of the water. You are doing your children a disservice by not sending them to SAA.

There are not enough words to express how wonderful this school is . My children are so blessed to apart of such a wonderful enriching community. The principal has a open door policy and always available to take any concerns or worries that you may have . Not every principal knows each child and siblings by name and gets to know every family member by name that walks through the school. I was surprised that every test paper is signed by the principal Mrs. Hanna . This year was very special my son received communion and was taught by an amazing women Mrs. Kennedy. I know she has been teaching for over 40 years because I also had the honor of her being my teacher. She has such an amazing way of making you feel Gods Love . My son embraced religion this year with such compassion and excitement that I have Mrs. Kennedy to thank. There are special people in this world and from my personal experience Mrs. Kennedy is one of a kind. Our children need a strong foundation to survive in the world they need discipline and respect you will find this at St Andrews.

Last modified St. Andrew Avellino School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8