PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 15, 2016
Mr. Clybor has made a big impression on my son. History class is now fun and exciting. Class discussions allow for the students to express their views and back those views up. This teacher is energetic and passionate about what he teachers and of course that is picked up by the students.

Posted May 15, 2016
My son has been at The Kew Forest School for several years now. He is presently in the Upper School Division. He is in an academically strong class and he is always being challenged. His teachers are exceptional especially this year. Mr. Clybor, Ms. Hent, Mr. Busch, ( and I could go on) are committed to their students. Their passion for what they are teaching is evident. My son is learning because he wants to learn not because he is stressed out and pressured into performing for state tests. Thank you Kew Forest School!

The Kew-Forest School 2

Posted March 14, 2016
The school spends it's money on useless things. These past two years, they've renovated both the gymnasium and the locker room. Since then, the school's traditional trip to Washington D.C was cancelled, the French program was cut and tuition for families struggling with financial aid has risen. Some of my child's best friends in the 11th grade can no longer afford to attend the school-- these are scholarly students who contribute highly to the culture of the school. The culture of the Upper School is rowdy and rambunctious. I've heard middle and high school students curse drop f-bombs and push each other around in the nearby Deli, so much so that I no longer wish to go eat there. This school used to be great, but is now full of misconduct and terrible administrative decisions. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone and only give it two stars out of respect for the good years my child spent 4 years ago when he was a 7th grader. He will be going to a different school in the fall, I advise other parents to do the same.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 14, 2016
Students who come to this school with great morals are some to the kindness and most promising children I've ever met. The others are rotten to the core.

The Kew-Forest School 2

Posted February 07, 2016
Pros: -A warm, diverse community where everyone is welcomed and accepted, regardless of race, ethnicity, socio-economic status and religious beliefs. -There are some exceptional specialized teachers (Music, Art, Foreign Language teachers, etc). -A few selfless, 'one of a kind’ homeroom and assistant teachers. -The active PA that holds various events throughout the year where families get together and strengthen the community bond. -The Admission Director who treats everyone fairly, with respect, integrity and compassion. -The students in the Lower School are well-behaved, respectful and well-mannered. Cons: -One's experience can be a hit or miss depending on the grade your child is in and its homeroom teacher. If the homeroom teacher is great in a particular year, you're good to go. If not, your experience for the year becomes a full of concerns, which may or may not be addressed. -A high turnover rate among teachers, especially the long timers recently, is disturbing. -The relatively weak math instruction, which is reflected on recent ERBs. Some teachers have no business teaching the math. -The behaviors of some Upper School students are disgrace to the community. There’s a lack of disciplines and strict guidelines within the Upper School that one would expect from independent private schools. It’s shocking to say the least. -The lack of leadership within the school administration is the biggest problem the school is facing currently. The headmaster is absent and often reluctant to meet with families. The Head of Upper School recently announced her departure after causing a chaos among parents by adding the Middle School. The Head of Lower School is not equipped to handle many issues and oftentimes offends the parents and teachers in the way she speaks to and deals with them. Many great families and teachers have left because of this.

Posted June 10, 2015
My son was transferred to Kew Forest School last year. As an teenage, he was very nerves being put into a new school as an junior. But the faculties and students there are the best, my son was quickly to become comfortable in this warm caring environment with a highly intellectual curriculum. For us as parents, the small class size and responsive of the teachers are making huge differences comparing what we experienced before come to Kew Forest School. Considering the size of the school, it’s amazing to see so much resources provided to students, like AP classes and club and sports activities, plus the active and earlier engagement of the college consoling. In addition, the school are very accommodate to individual needs to the students. For my son’s case, he is very advanced in academics, so the school were able to let him to take some more advanced courses together with seniors.

Posted June 03, 2015
It cannot get better than Kew Forest. If you have Chosen this school - you have arrived. My son will soon enter his second year at KF and I was confused between Kf and unis as he got into both. I haven't regretted my decision and thank my lucky stars that we chose Kf. The teachers, grounds, staff, administration, clerical staff and even parking lot attendants are involved with every child. The education surpasses anything I have seen. The discipline is excellent and my son has thrived. Each teacher wants to chat with you all the time as they have something funny to share with you about your child. This place is home. Love it.

Posted March 30, 2015
We have been members of the KF community for 10 years. I have 3 children at the school all have attended since k. K-F is a small, diverse, nurturing, rigorous, creative, learning environment. Your child s gift will be found, recognized and developed at K-F. Every student has the opportunity to and expectation to participate academically, socially, in sports and in clubs. Because of the school s size, there is no opportunity for your child to get lost . KF partners with families to help develop great citizens and young adults. My oldest has been offered great opportunities in the High School Mock Trial, Model UN, & Tennis Team to name a few. I know that we will have a very personalized experience when we are ready to look at colleges and that not only will all of my children be prepared for college they will be carefully matched with a school best suited for them. I have always been impressed with K-F s college acceptances, but even more impressed with the School s ability to steer graduates toward their best fit. KF also has an active PA with lots of opportunities to help families connect. The biggest sign that KF works my kids are happy and thriving.

Posted February 05, 2015
My 5th grader recently started KF and I can tell you it is worth the investment. My child is very engaged and enjoys going to school every day. He even looks forward to doing his homework because the content is so interesting and the teachers are so engaging. The teachers are experts in their content areas and also care deeply for the students. The school provides a warm caring environment and a highly intellectual curriculum that is intertwined in social activities. There is a strong sense of community here and everyone knows each other by name. The small class size and parent engagement is a quantum leap from what we experience in public school. I wish every child can have the experience of such an outstanding educational opportunity.

Posted December 15, 2014
Kew Forest is an amazing school. This is the second year for my son and I only have great things to say about it. All staff from administration and the faculty to the nurse and headmaster are very approachable, caring and responsive to each child needs. They are very concerned with creating a safe and nurturing environment where children thrive and are challenged to give the best of themselves. The faculty provides such an individualized attention that they make sure that children receive extra help when needed. We could not be happier with Kew Forest. It has become a family, not only for my son but for us too.

119-17 Union Tpke, Forest Hills, NY  11375
Last modified The Kew-Forest School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12