Forest Hills, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted December 15, 2014
Kew Forest is an amazing school. This is the second year for my son and I only have great things to say about it. All staff from administration and the faculty to the nurse and headmaster are very approachable, caring and responsive to each child needs. They are very concerned with creating a safe and nurturing environment where children thrive and are challenged to give the best of themselves. The faculty provides such an individualized attention that they make sure that children receive extra help when needed. We could not be happier with Kew Forest. It has become a family, not only for my son but for us too.

Posted December 07, 2014
This is such a wonderful community driven school that teaches kids to be kind, community service driven members of society. My children were challenged academically and all played sports and were part of activities such as Model UN (which is amazing there!), wrote and performed in plays, and learned how to balance school work with extracurriculars. The school has a very strong writing program that starts early and continues through 12th grade. The college acceptances are particularly impressive for a small school in Queens.

Posted December 04, 2014
Kew Forest is a terrific school. Both my kids have been there since kindergarten. Here are some of the many things I appreciate about the school: 1. With small classes and a great faculty, the kids get plenty of individualized teacher attention. Kids don't get lost in the shuffle the way they can at the huge specialized high schools. The small size of the school also means that students can participate in virtually any activity, from sports teams, to the newspaper, to the musical groups, to Model UN. 2. The school's ethnic makeup is reflective of the broader Queens community -- a great advantage that KF has over Manhattan private schools. 3. The range of grade levels (pre-K through 12) means that the younger kids learn from the older ones, and the older ones feel a sense of responsibility to the younger ones.

Posted October 25, 2014
This is our first year at Kew-Forest and I have to say, this is one of the best decisions my husband and I made when it comes to our child's education! Having first tried the public school system (District 26, "Blue Ribbon" school) for a number of years, I can see the big difference in my child's educational and social-emotional development. He is definitely much happier, responsible and motivated. The teachers, administration and staff are all professional, open and very much invested in the students' education. Free from the dictates of the NY state education (i.e., constant test preps, Core Curriculum), the teachers can truly focus on actually teaching the children. We also checked out the other private schools but Kew-Forest emerged as the clear winner. If you take a tour of K-F, you will see what I mean. The only regret we have is that we did not enroll our child sooner.

Posted October 09, 2014
This is our 4th year at Kew-Forest and we couldn't be more pleased that we found this local treasure and joined the school family! The environment is warm and welcoming--the small size ensures that each child feels known and valued. Teachers are able to provide very individual attention to customize the learning experience. Parents are treated like respected partners and advocates. The Parent Association is active and vibrant, and open to all. Communication and access is easy with faculty and the PA. Given its independence from state mandates, the school is able to enrich the learning experience with ample art, music, technology, Spanish, and gym time (multiple times a week for each). Each year the school is improved--both the building/grounds and also the offerings. I'm amazed at the evolution even in 4 years. The highest compliment of course is the extent to which my child has flourished and grown over her time at the school. Her reading, writing, critical thinking, observations of the world, appreciation of science, art and music--have grown tremendously. If you're considering the school, do take a tour and see the magic for yourself!

Posted September 13, 2014
My second grader son says..."mom I don't like the Kew Forest, I love it!" The entire team is awesome and my son is not just getting academics, he's becoming super conscientious. He's well taken care of and I have to worry about his food allergies because the staff is sensitive to his needs.

Posted July 21, 2014
This school truly embodies what a community of educators, students, and families should feel like. We are extremely happy with our kindergartener's progress in the school and are excited about our fourth grader enrolling this upcoming fall. The teachers are phenomenal - not only do they customize instruction based on each student's developmental needs but they are always available for the parents, which was key for me and my wife. Similarly, the entire school administration - from the headmaster to the financial aid office, to the school nurse - are always reachable and very helpful. At KF, I feel like I'm at home. More importantly, my children do too. There is one of NYC's hidden treasures and we could not be happier that we found KF. We're confident that our children will have an outstanding education with a multitude of opportunities to take advantage of because of KF.

Posted April 25, 2014
The Kew- Forest School is an excellent learning institution that provides the students with excellent opportunity to learn a formal and challenging curriculum in a open and warm environment. Students learn to be civil and respectful to one another. My son who will be entering grade 9 would not consider any other school.

The Kew-Forest School 4

Posted January 27, 2013
The school produces upper level professionals, lawyers, doctors, engineers, with each graduating class. Mastery of studies is achieved by each student to the point that no area of academic endeavor is closed. Perhaps the tuition is a bit high given the limited facilities and closed environment, but the faculty is the best and their students are the best. I hope that in the forty years that I graduated K-F the government has not watered down the program.

Posted April 28, 2011
My son will be entering kindergarten this upcoming fall. Everything that I've seen and experienced so far of this school has been excellent. I definitely think it's in the league with Manhattan's private schools - (we have some experience - my son went to a preschool program on the west side, which was wonderful). The KF School is excellent and my son just can't wait to start!

The Kew-Forest School
119-17 Union Tpke, Forest Hills, NY  11375
Last modified The Kew-Forest School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Kew-Forest School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top