Franklin, NY

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
My child is still in early elementary, too young to really have an opinion. I'll see how the teen years are.

Posted May 26, 2015
I am an alumni of FCS and remember how small the school was when I attended unfortunately I feel the school has gotten even smaller which is not ideal for those students who are interested in a larger variety of extra curricular activities as the sports and clubs are limited. I still believe the education the students are receiving is good. Small class size does equal individualized attention to those students who require addition help. From personal experience my cousin was a transfer to FCS from a private school in 1st grade after her parents were told that their daughter needed additional help in math and reading and that the private school didn't have the "time" or "resources" to devote to her even though they were paying tuition. She started FCS and within a year had completely caught up in both math and reading with other students her age and had no other learning set backs. I attended her graduation a couple years ago and was amazed at where these students were going for college, M.I.T., Cornell, R.I.T, Alfred University (there were many others I just cant remember). All but one student were furthering their education or joining the military, I believe it speaks for it's self the education the kids are receiving. My own child now attends FCS and other then crossing my fingers that enrollment goes up and with it funding I think she'll do just fine here. I have enjoyed interacting with faculty and staff at the school and if you want to be an involved parent you can be.

Posted August 18, 2014
I have gone to many schools and am very thankful to have ended up at Franklin. I have to believe anyone posting negative things on here has either never been to another school or is someone who causes problems and is upset they got in trouble. . Franklin is the kind of place where the teachers will go above and beyond to help you if you ask for it. There is a very active anti bullying program called avp. No school is perfect. There will always be problems because people are not perfect... adults or kids but Franklin is a pretty great place.

Posted August 17, 2014
This school is a disgrace to the community. Bullies left and right, and no one should be subject to such an environment. I would never even think of sending my worst enemy there. It is such a disgrace to such a nice community. The teachers do NOTHING, not even if you are confused.The sports is PATHETIC to say the least. Two reviews below this one is a lie. Do yourself and a your child a favor, DON'T CONSIDER FRANKLIN, GO TO A BETTER ALTERNATIVE!

Posted June 23, 2014
This school is very bad. NO one should be enrolled at such a poor school infested with bullies. On top of that, they are too cheap to have any sports for their students, for they say an hour of physical activity per day. Now, back on topic, this school is the WORST for your children. Also, the mascot, "Purple Devils," what is that? I do think they have a point in making the mascot "Purple Devils" is because the school is full of devils, that do not even know what the word "manner" is. No child should be subjected to such a poor school as Franklin

Franklin Central School 5

Posted April 07, 2014
Franklin Central School is a Fabulous school in an amazing little town, all the teachers know your name and are willing to help you if you are having a problem in school and outside the classroom. The after-school opportunities are excellent, for being a small school we seem to be doing better then the larger schools when it comes to the sports department and the drama productions are always entertaining. We may not offer every sport imaginable but if you want to participate in a different sport they will help you get in that sport. We recently had a few kids participate in football at unatego. This school is quite different then the other schools in this district because we are like one big unit, both the elementary section and the high school. This school is perfect 99.9999% of the time, but hey no school is perfect all the time, but this school is better then some of the other schools in the county where there are drug bust in the school once a week or teens doing inappropriate things during school and can teach the youth of our school wrong things.

Posted July 25, 2012
This school is horrible to say the least, teaching the wrong ideals and values! It is a fertile breeding ground for BULLIES, the problem even though a Law appears to go ignored and treated frivolous among management. My son had an issue with a classmate whereas he was "Punched in the face" by a classmate for NO reason, and the punishment which was handed down was a 2 day lunch suspension, and here is the real kicker, She was given hold on to your seats "Citizenship Award" WOW!!! Tthis should set a good example to all the "BULLIES" present and up and coming. From this we shall conclude that if my son retaliated he would have been in the running for that same award? NO, he would have received it himself! This very sensitive issue was brought to the attention of the Teacher, Part time Acting Principle and the Super Intendant. To date we have received NO response from anyone. It is unfortunate that such a beautiful town have a blemish bestowed upon it from the school. If we would have known we would not have invested in property in this quaint beautiful and charming town of Franklin, it is a shame the school is not as charming, along with the so called school administration.

Posted April 09, 2010
This school is bad,drugs and my child attends,last year.There is no help with your work,the teachers and principal dont do much but get a pay check, and sports theres not much to choose from, and alot of the kids that graduate dont know how to spell.

Posted October 21, 2008
great teachers, small class sizes, great programs for students, all around a great school

Posted January 11, 2005
Franklin Central School is a great school. Very small with aout 400 students have a very good academic program. You get personal help if you need it and a good sports program.

26 Institute Street, Franklin, NY  13775
Last modified Franklin Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Central School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top