Freeport, NY

Archer Street School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
I attended this school many years ago and it's nice to see that some of the staff members are still there. Says something about experience... My son is now entering third grade. He has been struggling but did enjoy 1st grade with Ms. Mac after a very ruff second grade he now has to be pushed to go and hates school. I do appreciate the teachers concerns but teachers must be careful not to overwhelm a child to the point they loose their confidence. Hoping for a better year.

Posted August 13, 2012
I attended this school many many years ago. I know have a child in the 3rd grade and one will be starting kindergarten this year. The teachers are great and they keep you posted on your childs development. They encourage parent participation and they do have a PTA. It's the best elementary school in Freeport. It truly is a school of excellence!!

Archer Street School 1

Posted January 16, 2011
Not a very welcoming schools for new students. A lot of yelling at the students.

Archer Street School 2

Posted August 04, 2010
Horrible school, staff, and principal. All they care about is state testing. There is constant yelling at students and little or no PTA in this school.

Posted February 28, 2007
Both my daughter and I love this school. The test scores are really high right now. There are music classes art class, beneficial clubs and school groups for the children. Including eyeglass club and homework help. This school is always looking for ways to involve parents, with plenty of PTA sponsored events and family programs. This is a great neighborhood with wonderful families, come see for yourself, you will be pleased.

Posted January 12, 2006
I am very happy that I choose Archer Street School for my child. The school is a very fun as well as a enrichment for my child. My child was not very well in grasping the concept of reading but thanks to Mrs. Fiore my child is finally learning to read. Than you Archer Street for helping my child.

Archer Street School
255 Archer Street, Freeport, NY  11520
Last modified Archer Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Archer Street School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top