Bad
Good

I am a former student of GRB and I would just like to say that this is completely unsatisfactory in terms of handling bullying at the school. I was subjected to emotional torture the entire 4 years I went there and every-time I reported it nothing was done. After awhile I just stopped reporting it because it would just get worst after I did. I got the distinct feeling that the faculty believed I has "being dramatic" and " needed to try harder to get along with said person." I have to pay for therapy now to get over the abuse that I suffered and the abandonment I felt when the faculty did nothing to protect me and I'm not the only one. DO NOT send your children here if you value their emotional stability.

The school district of Fulton, based on teachers, academic programs, & athletics is exceptional. The teachers are great, there are plenty of advanced courses, as well as a great special ed department (which is why the test scores are so low for all you haters-- Fulton's special ed. dept. is so good that students from other districts are imported into ours, and obviously these students will not score as well on state tests and this is reflected in our districts scores as a whole.) Anyway, the school district also has cut minimal activities and still has a variety of sports and music related things. As well as spanish, french AND german for LOTE. What makes the city of Fulton so awful is the low lifes that have moved into it that bring their children who fall into the cycle and reproduce when they're too young and never leave or go anywhere in life. Fulton used to be a great place to live until job loss etc., resulted in these low income families. I graduated from Fulton 4 years ago, and by hanging out with the right kids graduated without a problem, and just completed my degree at a 4 year school. I think the district itself is fantastic, its all about who you makes friends with.

I am a straight A student and take college level classes, but this school is unsatisfactory. The english department is severely lacking (although the Science, math , and Histsory departments are phenomenal). The teachers are not the problem. The students are disadvantaged which leads to poor behavior.

why do i love G RAY Bodley high school!because the acepted new students wth out any problems, love the way the teachers and staff treat parents is wonderful.i would recamend any one to that school. over all its a 5 star school,

i was a student from 2002-2006. and i was not the best student. the the teachers always were strivng to help to the best of their abilities, and it always paid off. If it were my choice i could not have chosen a better school to attend. as per the other reviews about drop out rate. most likely about 90% of my graduating class has moved on to very decent and high end 4 year schools. so to say the school is not worth it is crazy. i for one when i have a family of my own wouldnt most deff. not mind sending my children to this school.

Tough area and a show case for how lost manufacturing jobs effect on our country. My wife graduated from GRB and many of her friends and herself went on to college and graduate school. Now, just graduating is an accomplishment. I have nothing bad to say about the school but given it's test scores, drop out rate and the fact it has a full time police officer it does not fair well. Our current school district (in CT) has between a 0 % drop out rate with over 90% continuing their education. We feel very lucky to be in such a good area and give our childeren an opportunity for growth. I do feel an equal education in our country, while bestowed by our constitution is not a reality and needs to be addressed.

I was a student at this High School, and I consider it very unfortunate that my children have also been subject to it. The surrounding community is disadvantaged to say the best, dieing to be more direct, and the school district reflects this. The few quality educators that once were at this school have retired or moved to other surrounding districts, and the replacements are less than adequate. I would recommend the nearby Oswego school district. Three nearby power plants provide a large amount of funding to the schools and the local population is better educated.

My daughter is currently a senior at GRay Bodley H.S. She has been in the Fulton school system since day one. She attended Volney Elementary from kindergarten through sixth grade where the teachers were exceptional and gave my daughter an excellent base with good work and study habits in not only her schoolwork, but other aspects, too. Through junior high and high school I have found the same great teachers who know how to motivate and make school fun and interesting. My daughter willbe graduating in June and I feel she has an excellent base to go on to college and her future. She's learned the basic education requirements and much more, she is self confident, ambitious and responsible. I feel that the combined efforts of family and this school have shaped my daughter into a person who is going to be a successful, valued part of society. Excellent school!

Last modified G Ray Bodley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.