Posted June 21, 2012
I graduted from this school many moons ago. I hasn't grown at all since the 20+ years ago I was here. I actually has declined in enrollment. My kids now go here and I am really not happy with the future I see for the school. They offer the bare minium in acdemics and they only offer varisity sports. There is a booster club that tries to support the modified and JV programs. My daughter has lost over 20% of her classmates moving to other districts, private schools or home schooling. I understand with the economy times are tough but they need to stop patching a sinking ship and move on for the sake of the kids. They need more.

Posted November 25, 2011
Galway is a great school!! I have since graduated and I realize what a good place it is. Unlike the other reviews say, new students are not isolated. We have plenty of students who are always willing to help make other people comfortable, and we are not an all white, Christian school. The majority is caucasian, but we are accepting, and the school teaches tolerance and expects all students to treat each other the same. You cannot help your demographics!! Students from all walks of life make it to Galway, and every kind of student is accepted. The teachers are fantastic, and although some are tough, there is always available help. Don't listen to other people who say their kids only went for a year, they haven't experienced what Galway is about.

Posted May 22, 2011
I went there for a year and a half. The school was a living hell. If you don't go there from Kindergarten up people isolate you and you become a freak. The people are like something out of Wrong Way by Stephen King. I go to Burnt Hills HS now and am much happier.

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted October 18, 2009
My daughter has attended Galway School since kindergarten. She has received a fantastic education. She is a straight A student, participates in the soccer program which I cannot rave enough about. She is also involved in school clubs including science club, outdoor adventure club, drama club, & footprint (the school paper). She has also participated in the PTSA sponsored dance & gymnastics program. Galway is a small school, which gives the staff more time to spend with students. I highly recommend the Glaway school and community!!

Galway Junior Senior High School 2

Posted August 11, 2009
Wide range of teaching ability; some teachers are absolutely terrible (in terms of help, effectiveness, organization, etc.) and others are really good. Principle is okay. Kids here are quite ignorant of other beliefs and cultures, which breeds prejudice and discriminatory views. All white, Christian school, and is extremely intolerant of other views. Small school; building needs repairs and school is fairly poor. Definitely rated a 2.

Posted October 23, 2008
Small class sizes give all the students plenty of personal attention. Excellent administration! Very good sports programs.

Posted September 23, 2008
it is a fantistic school and the teachers are so good I couldent ask for a better school

Posted November 27, 2007

Posted April 16, 2007
Galway High School means alot to me. I moved here in 8th grade from Mechanicville. In Mechanicville I was having a tough time with the teachers and other students. I didn't fit in at all in the student populace. I had the intelligence for the classes but no motivation to use it. That changed when I moved to Galway. I may have given up my football Career for this place, but in return they gave me teachers who understood us and motivated the students, friends who didn't mind me being different from them in the way I dress and the shows I watch. Those students who did mind those things never were a problem because they would still be polite and not bother us. Sure we have the normal teenage drama, the difference is the environment we are in, it doesn't allow it to get out of control. I recommend Galway.

Galway Junior Senior High School
5317 Sacandaga Rd, Galway, NY  12074
Last modified Galway Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galway Junior Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top