Garden City Park, NY

Posted May 22, 2010
Wonderful! Caring, understanding teachers, helpful administration and staff. Parents are fantastic to deal with, and the students really are great. I love working here.

Mineola High School 4

Posted October 09, 2009
Having had a childen both in Chaminade and Mineola High School, I can say that MHS is in many ways a better school. It offers numerous opportunities for your child to take ap classes where at Chaminade you have to be brilliant to get into the gold jacket club. The guidance for the college search process is also more thorough at MHS, Chaminade you are left to your own devices. Overall I would say it was a good choice for my daughter.

Posted October 03, 2009
Even though this is a public school, it offers as much, if not more than most private schools.

Posted October 03, 2009
Excellent school! Among the best in the country.

Posted October 19, 2006
I am a Mineola High school graduate and all i want to say is that i met the most helpful people in this school the whole school always made me and my family feel like we were family they helped me get glasses that i really could not afford, we always had something at our table on thanksgiving day thanks to Mineola high school. Great staff of teachers.

Mineola High School 4

Posted May 17, 2006
teachers are adequate (some are fantastic, some do the bare minimum to get by) - programs are varied and well -rounded - excellent fine arts programs, dance, musicals colorguard and marching band are top notch! Students are often stretched too thin - as the school offers the same activities as other schools but has a very small student body to fill-out these programs and teams.

Posted January 12, 2006
Mineola High School is a school unlike many other schools of Long Island. Being a current junior here, i can no doubt proudly proclaim that mineola lives up to its name. From education to extracurricular activites to fine Arts and Athletics, Mineola is an epitome of for other schools to follow. The faculty and the students are affable and superb. if you have a child... mineola is the shcool to be!

Posted September 17, 2005
Mineola HS is a school that has something for everyone. With two children in the school I am fortunate to have such caring teachers and administrators looking out for my children. They push my children to succeed while boosting their self esteem. The Fine Arts Dept. with the marching band and drama club have given my children the opportunity to travel, be a leader and to work as a team member for the greater good. Academically I feel my children are well prepared for college and the demands that will be made of them for their future. Best of all my children are happy and well rounded and strive to do their best.

Posted June 26, 2005
Mineola is a school filled with people just waiting to help your children. From the wide variety of classes to the endless amounts of extracurricular activities for every type of child Mineola has done nothing but impress me and I was never concerned to send both my childern there. You must also realize that a child makes their education what they want it to be. Mineola gives every child the opportunity for greatness.

Mineola High School 3

Posted January 16, 2004
I strongly disagree with the comment that Mineola HS is better than any Catholic school. Only a handful of students come out of Mineola HS adequately prepared for college. The percentage of Mineola HS graduates that even bother to go to college is low compared to surrounding districts. Year after year, the school budget proposal either fails or comes dangerously close to failing in this district. Mineola HS isn't even the best high school in Mineola. If you have a son and you can afford it, Chaminade HS is definitely the better choice in Mineola. However when comparing Mineola HS to all Long Island high shools, I would rank it somewhere in the middle of the pack.

10 Armstrong Road, Garden City Park, NY  11040
Last modified Mineola High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mineola High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top