Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

High turn-over, I can't imagine why, with local school districts taking a lot of the best staff.

Develops character: Neutral

The older population of this school is quite violent. I have heard of staff members having to seek medical treatment for bites, scratches and bruises and yet these violent students are still in the class room, RIGHT NEXT to some of the most fragile and vulnerable students.

It keeps most kids safe and happy. It makes the best with what little funding it is allotted.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is not given to students, but to the families. It is was tough and kept us informed.

Shame on Summit Educational Resources! After working with them numerous years with my son for his Autism, I have realized that that are not concerned about the child and their outcome, but more about their own financial gain. They have made getting services so difficult for us instead of helping us, they have also lied and manipulated for their own gain. I have listened to other parents tell similar tales, but when your child needs ABA and has autism- they are the only provider in WNY, you have no alternative, and they know it. The insurance companies only cover their therapy because they keep data, but I urge parents of children with autism to look at other programs in the area I.e, floor time, sensory intergratration, other school programs. There are other great schools doing great things for our kids and not looking out for themselves.

Beware! Education is not a priority here. Money and filling seats is the bottom line. Once your child enters the Summit system, the focus is solely on Summit s financial gain. Whether your child benefits from this or not is no matter to them. You re filling a seat which enables them to receive more funds, bottom line. Having a child with specials needs, I was hoping for a more personalized program. We were challenged at every turn and treated as though our child had no special needs. The don t rock the boat environment is in place here. Breaking away from Summit is extremely painful. They will do anything to keep your child in a seat producing their revenue. That includes bogus Child Protective Service cases thrown at you. Summit has no shame when their bottom line is challenged, money. ** Be prepared to constantly battle for what is truly right for your child s needs.

There are some phenomenal staff working here, and everyone cares about the children. However, I removed my son from the school because of the extreme violent behavior of some of the other children. My son bites and I don't condone this, but some children here truly have severe psychiatric disorders, and scare the other children.

My teenage daughter, diagnosed with autism at age 4, has had the good fortune to work with the staff from Summit from the time she was a preschooler. The expertise of the staff (teachers, aides, therapists, psychologists etc.), in teaching students with autism using evidence based methods is unmatched in WNY. My daughter has learned and achieved more than we ever dreamed possible. I feel extremely blessed to have such a tremendous resource - from a highly effective year-round school program, to in-home support, to respite services - right at my doorstep.

Last modified Summit Education Center-Lang Dev Program is a Private school