PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 05, 2015
Our three children had been attending our local parochial school since nursery. Over the past year, we realized that they were no longer getting what they needed at their school and we decided to investigate other options, including our local public school, which is very strong and top rated, and the full array of independent private schools. We felt that the Green Vale School by far offered our children the best combination of academic excellence and strong community. From our very first interaction with the school, we were immediately impressed by the kindness and attention that every member of the school gave to us. This began with the staff in the admissions office, who helped guide us seamlessly through the admissions process. Once we stepped on campus, we immediately felt this tremendous sense of community that makes Green Vale so special. We decided to move our three boys to Green Vale this fall. As parents, my husband and I were very concerned about our boys' transition as they started 7th, 4th, and 1st grades. We need not have worried. They love their new school and have transitioned beautifully. The teachers at Green Vale are truly amazing. Their enthusiasm and love of teaching is infectious. For the first time in their academic careers, my boys are genuinely excited to go to school everyday. They are being challenged academically in ways they never had been before, but because the teachers are so engaged with the boys, they are excited to meet these new challenges and push themselves even harder. Green Vale truly is the full package in terms of a school: it is academically challenging, offers a wonderful program in the arts, provides a full athletic program for the student body, and has managed to do all of this while creating a loving and warm sense of community that welcomes each new family to the school with open arms. We feel very fortunate that our boys have the opportunity to attend such an amazing place.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 05, 2015
The school creates a wonderful environment that places an emphasis not only a students' academic success but also their character.

Posted September 29, 2015
Our family began the admissions process for The Green Vale School filled with hope and lots of anxiety. We knew - from word of mouth and research - that Green Vale had all the qualities we were looking for in a school: strong academic program, commitment to the arts, dedicated faculty and staff. But coming from a small Catholic School and living firmly out of the range of some of the student body, I wondered if my children could be happy at Green Vale? Would putting them in an environment they were not typically used to, make them lose their sense of self? All of these worries were alleviated the moment my husband and I finished our first visit. The Green Vale School was everything we imagined it would be - beautiful state-of-the-art facilities, small class sizes, great sports programs, incredibly committed and attentive teachers. As wonderful as all of those qualities are, what fundamentally endeared Green Vale to us was the sense of community and family. That a Green Vale education was not only about giving the children a superior academic education, but moreso, a collective dedication to raising intelligent, kind, well-rounded children. It has been a source of relief and pride knowing that all the lessons I teach my children at home, will be reinforced everyday they enter Green Vale. As we begin our first year in 5th and 2nd grade, everyday my children come home from school, I see a brightness inside them. I see how their confidence and love of learning have improved. How they want to do better - not out of competiton with their peers - but out of want to excel and be their best selves. My children have adjusted seamlessly and I owe it all to the kindness of many staff members, teachers, parents and most of all – the Green Vale children. I look forward to many more wonderful years here at Green Vale. My only regret is that our time will end in the 8th grade. Much sooner than I would have liked.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
Green Vale strongly puts emphasis on character education. The students are expected to be good citizens.

Posted February 20, 2015
My three children have been attending Green Vale for the past 5 years and I cannot speak highly enough about our experience. The academic program is truly exceptional with a perfect combination of a nurturing, yet disciplined environment. They have each developed a love of learning, a concern about their community and a respect for others that is an integral part of a Green Vale education. The most extraordinary thing about Green Vale is the outstanding, dedicated staff. Every year, my children's teachers go above and beyond what's required of them to provide both a stellar education and truly individualized experience. Each teacher has taken the time to really get to know my children, making sure they thrive by focusing on each of their abilities and strengths. Every email, phone call or meeting I've had over the years with these teachers has shown me how much they care, and that they take immense pride in my children's achievements. From coming in early to prepare more challenging, specific assignments, to even attending community theater productions my kids have performed in, these teachers are in a league of their own.

Posted October 08, 2014
My son joined Green Vale in the Upper School (6th/7th/8th) this school year. We live quite a distance and considered a number of options--some much closer to home--and we could not be happier we chose Green Vale. The faculty, parents, and students have welcomed us warmly. What specifically attracted us to Green Vale was the promise of challenging academics, a nurturing and supportive environment, and an attentive advisory program that would allow my son to fully thrive--and the school has not disappointed. He loves his teachers, describing them as "passionate", "engaging", "supportive", and "hands on". There is emphasis on all areas that contribute to a successful student and person--academics, character, service and community awareness, arts, athletics, life skills, and personal development. Being the "new guy" during the middle school years could have been challenging; but my son's transition has been seamless, and I credit Green Vale's culture for this. He enjoys going to school. He also enjoys being surrounded by students who have similar goals - for their academics and for their life. My son is extremely happy at Green Vale, and we are very happy we made this choice.

Posted October 02, 2014
As a parent of children that have been in the public school system, I can confidently say that I see what all the enthusiasm is that surrounds private schools. I have one child at the GVS as a transfer from public school. Green Vale has created a seamless transition for both parent and child. My daughter has never been happier and more enthusiastic about what she is learning at school. Her peers have been sweet, nice, caring and inclusive - a testament to Green Vale's strength in building character. My daughter comes home eager to talk about all the topics she is learning and tells me that her teacher makes school fun. Green Vale's interdisciplinary approach to learning has been a home run for my child. The curriculum helps to foster development and creates a well rounded student through academics, after school programs, charity awareness and participation, art, theater, accountability and rewards. I already see a difference in her self esteem, confidence and motivation. Overall, GVS delivers the perfect balance creating both a nurturing environment and fostering independence. I cannot give enough accolades to the GVS and the gift that I have given to my child.

Posted September 05, 2014
What sets Green Vale apart is its focus on the whole child. From the humanities to the arts to athletics, each student leaves Green Vale having experienced the best of all worlds. Another wonderful thing about Green Vale is its commitment to service learning. Service projects range from raising funds for Charity:Water to supporting a school and orphanage in Tanzania. It is our hope that our students leave Green Vale and venture out into the world as educated, well-rounded, hard-working, and respectful global citizens. As a faculty member, I can say that I work among an incredible group of professionals who are constantly working to become better at their craft. It s a pleasure to work here, and I would be thrilled to send my own children here.

Posted September 03, 2014
We currently have four children at Green Vale and our experience has been exceptional! In addition to an unparalleled curriculum, strong in both academics and the arts, there is much focus placed on character development. The students are taught respect for themselves as well as others and it's evident from the minute you step foot on campus! As transfers from a different district, we were welcomed warmly by other families and our children felt as if they had been there from the very beginning! The teachers and administration have done a beautiful job recognizing and meeting the individual needs of each one of our children and we couldn't be more thrilled!

The Green Vale School 3

Posted August 28, 2014
The academics at this school are top notch. But it comes at a cost. Although teachers are always willing to give extra help (and come in early and stay late to do so), competition between students is cut throat. If your child struggles be prepared for them to be belittled by their peers. The goal of families here is Ivy league admission only. The arts are talked about in this school, but they aren't truly appreciated. Creativity and out of the box thinking is cheered by the faculty, but derided by the parents and students. In their view, traditional team sports are the only vehicle for extra curricular success. Having money is paramount at this school. You must be a member of the local country clubs or sports clubs in order to be accepted. Any child who does not fit this mold will be excluded socially.

250 Valentines Lane, Glen Head, NY  11545