Posted October 08, 2014
My son joined Green Vale in the Upper School (6th/7th/8th) this school year. We live quite a distance and considered a number of options--some much closer to home--and we could not be happier we chose Green Vale. The faculty, parents, and students have welcomed us warmly. What specifically attracted us to Green Vale was the promise of challenging academics, a nurturing and supportive environment, and an attentive advisory program that would allow my son to fully thrive--and the school has not disappointed. He loves his teachers, describing them as "passionate", "engaging", "supportive", and "hands on". There is emphasis on all areas that contribute to a successful student and person--academics, character, service and community awareness, arts, athletics, life skills, and personal development. Being the "new guy" during the middle school years could have been challenging; but my son's transition has been seamless, and I credit Green Vale's culture for this. He enjoys going to school. He also enjoys being surrounded by students who have similar goals - for their academics and for their life. My son is extremely happy at Green Vale, and we are very happy we made this choice.

Posted October 02, 2014
As a parent of children that have been in the public school system, I can confidently say that I see what all the enthusiasm is that surrounds private schools. I have one child at the GVS as a transfer from public school. Green Vale has created a seamless transition for both parent and child. My daughter has never been happier and more enthusiastic about what she is learning at school. Her peers have been sweet, nice, caring and inclusive - a testament to Green Vale's strength in building character. My daughter comes home eager to talk about all the topics she is learning and tells me that her teacher makes school fun. Green Vale's interdisciplinary approach to learning has been a home run for my child. The curriculum helps to foster development and creates a well rounded student through academics, after school programs, charity awareness and participation, art, theater, accountability and rewards. I already see a difference in her self esteem, confidence and motivation. Overall, GVS delivers the perfect balance creating both a nurturing environment and fostering independence. I cannot give enough accolades to the GVS and the gift that I have given to my child.

Posted September 05, 2014
What sets Green Vale apart is its focus on the whole child. From the humanities to the arts to athletics, each student leaves Green Vale having experienced the best of all worlds. Another wonderful thing about Green Vale is its commitment to service learning. Service projects range from raising funds for Charity:Water to supporting a school and orphanage in Tanzania. It is our hope that our students leave Green Vale and venture out into the world as educated, well-rounded, hard-working, and respectful global citizens. As a faculty member, I can say that I work among an incredible group of professionals who are constantly working to become better at their craft. It s a pleasure to work here, and I would be thrilled to send my own children here.

Posted September 03, 2014
We currently have four children at Green Vale and our experience has been exceptional! In addition to an unparalleled curriculum, strong in both academics and the arts, there is much focus placed on character development. The students are taught respect for themselves as well as others and it's evident from the minute you step foot on campus! As transfers from a different district, we were welcomed warmly by other families and our children felt as if they had been there from the very beginning! The teachers and administration have done a beautiful job recognizing and meeting the individual needs of each one of our children and we couldn't be more thrilled!

The Green Vale School 3

Posted August 28, 2014
The academics at this school are top notch. But it comes at a cost. Although teachers are always willing to give extra help (and come in early and stay late to do so), competition between students is cut throat. If your child struggles be prepared for them to be belittled by their peers. The goal of families here is Ivy league admission only. The arts are talked about in this school, but they aren't truly appreciated. Creativity and out of the box thinking is cheered by the faculty, but derided by the parents and students. In their view, traditional team sports are the only vehicle for extra curricular success. Having money is paramount at this school. You must be a member of the local country clubs or sports clubs in order to be accepted. Any child who does not fit this mold will be excluded socially.

Posted March 24, 2014
The Green Vale School goes way beyond just academics...it truly develops the whole child and prepares them to be model citizens. Not only are athletics and the arts stressed from early on, character education is a huge piece of Green Vale's strength. The Green Vale School stays true to its mission of building confidence, respect and responsibility within its students in a warm, family-like environment. When my children go out in the community, I'm often approached by other parents who comment about my son's model citizenship and good manners compared to other children. I attribute much of it to the high standards set by Green Vale teachers and staff.

Posted November 26, 2013
As a parent of a graduate as well as a current middle school student, I could not be happier with the educational experience for both my children. The small class sizes, the encouraging teachers, the challenging curriculum, the exceptional facilities, the outstanding high school placement & preparation.....I could go on, but you get the idea. The Green Vale School exceeded all of our expectations for what school should be....student, athlete, artist, citizen...your child(ren) will have the academic experience of lifetime at GVS! Don't take my word for it & don't wait through one more "OK" year for your child(ren). Check it out for yourself. Contact Green Vale today; you will be so very glad you did!

Posted November 20, 2013
Recognized for academic excellence since 1923, The Green Vale School's exceptional teachers, extraordinary learning environment and careful attention to each student lead to outstanding high school and college placements. Green Vale serves families from over 35 school districts on Long Island and is the ideal choice for the most formative years of a child's life -- early childhood through middle school. Expanded financial aid program for qualified applicants is available. Website: greenvaleschool.org

The Green Vale School 4