Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 3

Posted September 29, 2014
My 2 daughters go to this school. I sent them here because my brothers stepdaughters go here and I was told it was great. I like the school because there aren't a lot of students and it's a small building and because of the extra cirriculum. But what I don't like about the school is the bullying and how the teachers and staff don't seem to think it's a big deal. My 8 yo had a problem last year with a student and I made it clear not to have them in the same class again and this year they are back in the same class. I don't see why it's so hard to listen to parents. They do pta meetings so parents can get involved but if you're not going to listen then what is the point? Overall the school is good. I like that it goes from kindergarten to 8th grade. But the bullying has to STOP!

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 1

Posted June 27, 2014
Bullies. Bad teachers. Students who are full of themselves. This is all I think of when I look back on my experiences at this school. I was miserable because I couldn't do as well as the teachers all pressured us to do. I was bullied for my looks. It's all about the popular and good-looking kids here. They get the most attention and help from teachers. Every other student who isn't as lucky gets neglected. I am happy to say that I have since moved and no longer have to attend this terrible, terrible school.

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 3

Posted April 18, 2014
This school has taught me a lot. Yes , it provides a lot of intelligence for the students and extracurricular activities. But there are flaws. Some of the teachers are very kind and supporting, this helps a student feel comfortable . But there is some teachers whose behaviors are ridiculous. Some are very prejudice and judgemental. They also sometimes insult the student . I remember I would be afraid to go to class. Not only did I have to be in fear between the judgemental students , who bully you for sexuality or just by the way you look. But I had to fear some teachers. Even though I went to deans to consult these problems. All they do is give a lecture to the child and that's the end of it. The students continue to bully you. This school overall is good with its teaching professions. But the way students treat each other or the way some teachers treat the students is not acceptable. I'm very glad I don't go to this school anymore. All I can say is thank you for teaching me what I needed to know.

Posted January 08, 2014
This is my son's 4th year here in p.s.113. I love this school!! I was nervous when my Don was entering 3rd grade because I though it would Be so hard for him. He had Ms. Kelly and has her again now in 4th grade. She is a fabulous teacher! I couldn't be more pleased!! My son is doing So much better since he has been with her. I wish she could be his teacher til he graduates!

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 1

Posted December 22, 2013
This school SUCKS. The principal that took over after our last principal passed away is horrible. Learning used to be fun, now it's not. I used to look forward to coming to school every day. The teachers demand more out of students than they can really put in and constantly try to pressure us into trying harder. The lunch food is grotesque. I've found many things in it that I'm SURE aren't supposed to be in there. Students are rowdy and even after being disciplined, continue to bully and tease and misbehave. There are only afterschool programs for the students in middle school. All of the good teachers have either retired or left. Do whatever you have to do to keep your child out of here. Every single recent positive review is WRONG. I honestly can't wait to leave this horrible excuse for a school.

Posted November 30, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS A DREAM SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recentley started going here and so far I am loving it! The teachers here are great! They are encouraging to students and belive the best in them. I aslo know that there are great programs like glee club and beautiful me. The cafetaria food is okay but I bring my own lunch from home, The hall ways are clean and shiny. If you are looking for a middle school or elematry school, P.S/ I.S 113 is the answer!

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids in ps113 both of them liked and so happy with all the stuff and the teacher are very helpful .

Posted August 22, 2013
My oldest son is been there for four years now, and he just loves the school. He said that he wishes to be in no other place but PS 113. He loves his classmates, his teachers who are very involved and caring, and the new principal who's young and energetic. I believe that he's right, and I like the principal too. He's trying to bring in some changes, and to "speed up" a bit the rhythm there. Furthermore, he and his staff have to put up with older kids who are not very easy to deal with, since the school is now IS as well. That means that they got older students, grades 7th and 8th, and it is much harder to maintain discipline and high academic results now.

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey 4

Posted October 28, 2012
This is an excellent school with caring teachers and staff. It should have better parent involvement in the younger grades. The teachers strive for high grades and really support the children in there work. The principal and assistant principal are very approachable. Great school.

Posted July 09, 2012
I attended this school during the 80's. I am so happy to read that it is as excellent today as it was back then. The teachers I had were involved, caring and encouraging. The atmosphere was relaxed and there was a charismatic and involved Principal (Mr. Gewirtz) at the heart of it all. Terrific experience! It's great to see that the culture there has carried on to today.

Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey
87-21 79th Ave, Glendale, NY  11385
Last modified Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top