Posted September 19, 2009
St. John's is a wonderful school which provides small classes and individualized instruction to meet each student's needs. I have read some of the negative reviews and I totally disagree. I have have found that almost all teachers respond immediately to parent inquiries. The principal Mrs. Chin-Sin is a lovely person and gifted administrator and is always accessible. In addition my twins are receiving a religious education far superior to that taught in other places. I thank God my husband and I have the resources to afford this school. What a blessing it is for them and for us. Submitted by Tara Vigh, parent

St John Evangelical Lutheran School 4

Posted June 07, 2009
There are good and bad things about this school as in any other school. The school is a little small but the curriculum is GREAT. Teachers are nice and the atmosphere is great. The principle is always looking for a way to keep the students safer. It's an okay school.

Posted July 17, 2008
I also disagree with some negative comments that I have read here. This school is great not only academically but in God's Word which is the most important and best foundation we can give our children. My child is very happy in the school and so am I.

Posted March 06, 2008
I have to say that I have to disagree with some of the negative comments that I have read here. This is not the place to air out your dirty laundery. My child has attended St. John's for the past four years and I am very pleased by the responsiveness of the teachers and the Principal. They are doing a great job. Sometimes people are quick to put blame, point fingers, for there own failures in not taking care of thier children responsibilities. Rather than taking an active role in a child's learning, progress, could it be that they were too busy with thier own affairs. Parents, this site maye helpful in some cases, but remember at the end of the day that is your own child. I am very pleased by the saftery of environment. Small class sizes, especially when you hear about overcrowding in other schools.

Posted February 06, 2008

St John Evangelical Lutheran School 1

Posted February 05, 2008

St John Evangelical Lutheran School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
If your looking for a warm and family oriented environment do not send your child, and the principal is very good to ask money . Too many kids in the same classroom, the teacher does not have someone to help them out, dont check the kids homework. I dont recomend you this school at all...

Posted August 23, 2007
Our son was transferred mid year and honestly we wish we would have know about this school sooner. Our son's always excelled academicly, however we've always had to be on top of him. Not anymore, he's more eager to learn and less apprehensive toward his studies. THANKS TO ST. JOHN'S TEACHERS & PRINCIPAL MRS. CHIN-SINN.

St John Evangelical Lutheran School 2

Posted June 28, 2007
My child is now a high school senior. In retrospect, I should have never sent her here. The teacher turnover is high. The teaching of math leaves something to be desire. Whilte a 90 student in everything else, she has barely gotten by in math. the principal needs to delegate and not try and run every aspect of the school. She will not take suggestions from parents, either. My child would have been better off in a public school gifted program

Posted February 21, 2007
My sone and daughter hav been in the school for the past six years and I have tos ay that the teachers have been great. The principal has been great. To all of the teachers and principal at St. John's I believe you are doing a great job thank you for teaching my child Christian values. One Happy and Proud parent.

St John Evangelical Lutheran School
88-24 Myrtle Avenue, Glendale, NY  11385
Last modified St John Evangelical Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Evangelical Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top