Goshen, NY

C J Hooker Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2012
School let my child down. Did not address anxiety needs or recommend much needed services that I later discovered in 9th grade. One teacher picked on my child, while some others ignored her existence. One teacher exclaimed to misbehaving kid, "If you don't stop I'll put you next to (my child's name)." Another said my child was 'weird' because my child could recite an entire movie verbatim. If my child raised hand to answer question this teacher would say, "Anyone else?" The teacher sets the tone within the classroom, and this set my child up for isolation. It is an unfortunate school for those whose needs are not met. Don't make my mistake. In my ignorance, I was unaware of Student Personnel Services. Get your child help and do not let them suffer. God bless :)

C J Hooker Middle School 3

Posted May 25, 2011
the kids are way to jude mental so how cares if i love justice the store dont just judge me or anyone

Posted August 19, 2010
I loved every minute I had at this school. I think it's a shame my parents and I are moving out of state. The teachers and principal are very thoughtful and nice. I was always academically challenged. I really wish I could start my 7th grade year here, as well as my 8th. I really will miss this school!

Posted April 24, 2010
I am in the 8th grade and all of my 3 years I have loved it all! There are extra help classes, for those who need it, and caring teachers who want each student to do great!

Posted July 19, 2009
Teachers and faculty are caring and go out above and beyond to help when students need it. After school help has always been available, and now the new 'homework club' seems to give support to the kids who really need it.

C J Hooker Middle School 4

Posted March 08, 2009
this school is alright I guess. everyone is really nice there and take their time for extra help if it is needed. the only problem I see with this school is that there is not enough advanced classes. I think students with an average above a 90 throughout the whole year should have a choice of an advanced class and be challenged.

Posted May 20, 2008
When we moved here I was worried about my daughter's transition to middle school. She has really come to love school and is making a smooth adjustment. Her teachers seem sincere and caring.

Posted June 05, 2007
this school has great teachers and a good foundation for kids.Ithere and im in the 6 grade im on the blue team and i love it there.i would rather go to school than stay at home.

C J Hooker Middle School 4

Posted October 03, 2005
- a staff

C J Hooker Middle School 3

Posted April 01, 2005
I would like to see more art programs. The children are being over worked with little creativity.There is not enough after school help available for children whom they claim are 'below the level' although if ny state didn't put so much pressure on having such high averages, each child could work @ there own level. I have done everything but go to school with my son and he is still strugling even with the extra help classes the school put him in. If he fails...the school system has failed him.

C J Hooker Middle School
41 Lincoln Avenue, Goshen, NY  10924
Last modified C J Hooker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C J Hooker Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top