Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 1

Posted March 08, 2014
Military family and my son got stuck at this school for a year. They are arrogant! I drove my son to school, he was only 12yrs so obviously no drivers license and no control over when he arrived at school yet they insisted on giving him detention for being a min late. How do you punish a child for being late when they have no control over it. We moved, informed the school and two weeks after the beginning of the school year we receive a call (mind you we are in a different state by now) from a teacher informing us our son had not turned in his homework! REALLY! How stupid are these people! They where still claiming our son being their school. Then they gave our son's new school a hard time when they requested his school records.

Posted November 05, 2010
The GHS music department is one of the most (if not the most) understaffed music departments in the zone. However, the teachers are so brilliant and competent that the ensembles are all at least above average- and probably deserve to be labelled excellent.. There are extracurriculars such as Select Strings, Chamber Singers, Marching Band, Jazz Band, and others. This school is Miracle-Gro for musical abilities.

Posted April 17, 2009
Gouverneur may just be one of the best schools in the North Country. The schools serve a purpose in the community for not just the students but for the parents of the students as well. A good education is a goal a parent, teacher, and [sometimes] even the student will have the greatest intention on fulfilling. Not only do our students have a chance to be better educated in primary courses, but they have the opportunity to be able to play sports in all seasons and join clubs of different varieties. The music dept. has actually been my personal favorite for a choice in classes, as well as physical education, which gives each student the chance they deserve to lead the group. The educators in Gouverneur Middle/High School have proven to be a great help in not just the school itself, but the community in which it is withheld.

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 1

Posted January 09, 2009

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 0

Posted October 10, 2008
The following is a prime example of why this perhaps isn't such a good school! It was (supposedly) posted by a student. I especially like the part of getting '...above a 90 on all my regentses.'! Posted May 16, 2008 I seem to disagree with most of you. Im a senior at Gouverneur High School and I actually believe that it is a very good school. I moved to Gouverneur in the mid of my 10th grade year and I the staff and students were actually very accepting. I belive I have been taught well also... My grades are good I do good on all tests and quizzes and I have received above a 90 on all of my regentses. Maybe it is just your children leading you to believe what you have written to excuse for their own laziness that lead to how bad they were doing at school.

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 3

Posted October 08, 2008
Gouverneur Central School is a fine academics school. The only thing that I feel is weong with it is that Athletics are not as important as they should be. Minimal fans attend schools games, and when they do...they aren't very enthusiastic. I feel that if Gouverneur focused more on our athletic program we could easily be the number one section X team for many years to come.

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 3

Posted August 09, 2008
i graduated from Gouverneur High School and many things have changed, for instance I feel we do not let our children still be children. We have to many rules that have nothing to do with their education. keeping control is one thing but being too controlling only leads to many other problems. There are other areas that we should address, like the same old problem of some students thinking they are better because of maybe more money or their social status. Bullying others is where we need to crack down and make our children understand that everyone is equal and not just a rug for others to step on.

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 0

Posted July 01, 2008
I had two children attending the Gouveneur school district for 10 years before returning to Illinois. Both my children were above the population of the schools they attended in Illinois. My oldest child had learning difficulties but with the help of the teachers she was able to finish high school in good standing and my other child was able to follow her talents developed in Gouveneur. After all these years I can say thank you Marlene Morris

Posted June 26, 2008

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School 4

Posted May 16, 2008

Gouverneur Junior Senior High School
113 East Barney Street, Gouverneur, NY  13642
(315) 287-1900
Last modified Gouverneur Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gouverneur Junior Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top