Posted November 10, 2014
There is no emphasis on math and reading in this school which would help students excel in their academic studies. It's all about hands on learning and "thinking outside the box" and not much about academics.
100 people found this helpful

Posted July 21, 2011
I graduated Village school in 2010, and I can only attribute success to their program. Before I got there, I wasn't going to graduate on time - and thanks to the staff and the creative learning environment, I graduated on time and am now attending Marymount Manhattan College.

Posted May 17, 2011
Hi yeah. Village School is a school for creative kids, so dont assume.Thank you very much.

Posted April 13, 2011
For anyone who thinks that Village School attributed to their failures obviously didn't learn one of the many lessons I learned at village school, that you are responsible for your own actions, failures, and successes. There are former students from Village School at GREAT schools. The teachers are wonderful people who try literally their hardest to help every single student as much as they can. There are always the kids with bad attitudes who just don't want to be at any school.

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted March 24, 2009
I am a former student of Great Neck Village School. Presently I am a student at Nassau Community College, I attribute my failure to the education and experiences that I had at VS. The Village School is a horrible place where students are discouraged to learn. The faculty and staff are outrageous. I would never recommend this school to anyone especially those with special needs.

Posted March 21, 2009
I honestly don't understand why kids want to go to Village School. Village School doesn't allow these kids to interact with mainstream kids at all. It doesn't let kids learn to live together! No wonder our school system is broken! Seriously, this school needs to go.

Posted November 06, 2008

Posted August 08, 2008
I am a student at Village and it has been a lifesaver in terms of not only offering an academic oasis, but making my learning experience memorable. This school is top-notch and I am incredibly indebted to it and its faculty.

Village School 0

Posted February 03, 2008
This school changed my life. It is the most phenomenal place I have ever been, and after the other schools I tried, it is the proverbial breath of fresh air. I could not have asked for a more welcoming, friendlier, more suited to my needs school than this one, right here.

Village School
614 Middle Neck Rd, Great Neck, NY  11023
Last modified Village School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top