Green Island, NY

Heatly School 3

Posted September 07, 2013
I am a student here and I would not recommend this school for anyone with high grades. There is no opportunity here and the school only pay attention to the ones who need special help or is low on average. Sure they know who you are but there is no classes where you get the help YOU need. Their only reasonable option is to skip a grade. Plus the childrens behavior is horrendous. The superintendent tries but honestly, these kids never listen. Ever.

Heatly School 2

Posted March 13, 2012
Communication within the school is very poor. Discipline is inconsistant and the school on an average day is total chaos.

Heatly School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
Teachers are very good. But, the kids are out of hand. They have no respect for teachers and treat new kids terribly. I would not recommend sending a new child to the middle school. My child was threatened many times by students in class on a daily basis. We moved out of the district, went to North Colonie and the problems went away immediately. Do not waste your time in Heatly. They staff did not prevent the bullying. The kids do what they want.

Heatly School

Posted March 18, 2010
I attended Heatly from K-12. It's honestly a good school and the teachers are great. Yes the school has its share of issues but honestly...what school doesn't? I think overall its a good school to attend with small classes allowing kids one on one attention.

Heatly School 4

Posted April 23, 2008
I can only comment on the Elementary Teachers and staff. I have been very pleased with the teaching staff and their outreach to parents and students. The Elementary Principal could take some lessons from the wonderful teachers, because her abilities, communication and outreach is horrendous!

Heatly School 3

Posted August 23, 2007
I like the school, but some of the students have nasty attitudes. It it very clicky and I would not recommended it for a new student going into middle school. There a a few parents who let their children do and say what they want.

Heatly School 5

Posted May 27, 2005
I went to this school a feww years back and I think its a wonderful school.

Heatly School 4

Posted April 28, 2004
I feel this school has a wonderful ability to provide children w/ the attention they need! The wonderful connection a teacher can make w/ a smaller class should not go unnoticed! This is a safe small school!

Heatly School
171 Hudson Avenue, Green Island, NY  12183
Last modified Heatly School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heatly School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top