Greenlawn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,130

Posted June 05, 2015
Went to this school myself and graduated. Now having my child in HS has opened my eyes to how this district has changed. There are too many cover-ups that administration does not want to admit. To many close the eyes and we don't have to deal with. Compared to some years ago their ratings have dropped. There are drugs and weapons that students are suspended for but you'd never hear the school say that. The district is so trying to hold onto their earlier reputation but with changing times they really need to stop worrying about their reputation and more about the safety and influences that are obviously right in front of their faces but are choosing to ignore. More of less get off your high horse and take the right steps to ensure the students a safe and content atmosphere.

Harborfields High School 1

Posted June 23, 2013
Where is the 2013 fiasco ratings, what's the truth about algebra/Trig test?? So many failed this test and parents spent money trying to help up the scores but the district failed us.

Harborfields High School 5

Posted June 23, 2012
Love this school,teachers and principal!! Both of my daughters have had amazing relationships with their teachers. I fully believe they have had a wonderful, well-balanced education!

Harborfields High School 1

Posted January 13, 2011
I personally feel that back in 1983 the school was alot better the teachers were alot more interested in the studens than they are today the principal was alot stricter back then also The staff back then cared more for the studens

Harborfields High School 5

Posted May 22, 2007
When you think about, one third of my child's life to date has been spent at a Harborfields school and I could not think of a better place. Excellent student/teacher ratio although austerity in 2005 set us back a little. Faculty did an excellent job in managing through some tough times. Very committed teachers and a strong, visible and genuinely interested principle who is constantly improving school environment. This is an excellent school district and exceeds expectations most of the time. Harborfields offers every student an opportunity to succeed if they dare.

Posted March 25, 2007
We love the Principal and the new assistant principal.The assistant principal in particular has been enormously available and helpful. The math department is not good in the 9th grade,although I see them trying very hard . I wish that the school would take more interest in the individual child, ( and I know this is a public school problem) than in the grades.I have seen children thrive when learning becomes about inspiration, rather than learning for the sake of passing so they can show the district that they are the top high school.How children learn cannot be about politics. It has to be about curiosity, evolving as human beings, and of course doing the best they can do in whatever classes they are in. But this will not be accomplished when teachers are in a hurry, need to show high scores,or a unhappy in their field. Let's re evaluate our system!

Posted February 14, 2007
Harborfields is average. My daughter will be graduating from Harborfields, but I will be sending my son to a private school for his freshman year. The athletic program is horrible.

Harborfields High School 4

Posted November 29, 2006
My daughter is now the Senior!. She has had her ups & downs. She wasn't one to speak up & hardly complained, but her actions should have been recognized. She was always willing & helped a great deal in organizing for charity. When she did something extraordinary, the school failed in helping her feel great about it. Good thing for a strong loving family. The guidance counselor should have taken more time to get to know who she was, then maybe she could have done more in the school. She wanted to be a natural helper, she had her heart set on it. Administrative dept. needs to set priorities straight. Principal was punctual at returning calls. Teachers were 100% she loved most of them. Overall she had a great 3 years, thank you !

Posted March 29, 2006
This school has a great reputation, but it really didn't do much for me. I was able to get by doing their bare minimum. I took all the 'cliche APs' that all the smart kids take, and got into a top school. Bottom line: the smart cruise by because they are assumed to be untouchable, not because of any real work.

Posted February 28, 2006
Harborfields is a very small, structured environment, the principle has always been more than accomodating, even sending out birthday notes to all students. The budget however, is always shot down by the retirees in the community, greenlawn and centerport are dominated by people over 60 years old. Overall, a great environment, with friendly, intelligent people, however it is a rich community that does not wish to give to its schools.

Harborfields High School
98 Taylor Avenue, Greenlawn, NY  11740
Last modified Harborfields High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harborfields High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top