Bad
Good

Groton is a rural school district and used to have a wonderful teaching staff and high standards but I am almost sorry that I returned here to raise my children as I have a senior who can barely write! There are no AP classes avaiable and just try to get your child special services if they are needed. The few innovative teachers the distirct has must feel in the minority!

The new principal(s) in the district are wonderful! The very very best. I cannot say enough good things about them. I am impressed with many things. I know that the future of the district has been set to a positive direction because of their efforts.

yes I agree about the new principal. He has changed the school a lot but he has done it for the better. For instance, instead of having a long list of names being called of in the morning announcement and having the students wait in the office and miss their 1st class, M. Hartz comes to the class in which they are in and pulls them out for a minute or two, that ways they don't miss their class. Another thing that he changed( last year) was that he combined homeroom and 1st period. This way we're not rushing to our class, which could be on the other side of the school then where our homeroom is.

I feel that the new high school principal is the best that Groton has had in a long time. He is a very caring and trustworthy person. Also, he cares about the students and their educational needs. We are very lucky to have him in our district.

Last modified Groton High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.