Posted December 01, 2014
I graduated from Harrison high school in 2000. Back then I was taught all I needed to pass. However going to college I failed a lot. Being told constantly you will never be anything also helped. Now in 2014 I will be graduating with a masters degree. In the end I learned nothing for the future from Harrison. Because in 96-2000 it was all about football. I believe we suffered because of this. I don't know about now only from then. Though I will always love Harrison. My future begins when I graduated.

Posted April 27, 2014
Harrison High School IB program is highly respected by all colleges and universitites. Great school with strong academics which include community service. Great school and community!

Posted April 13, 2014
This school offers rigorous class options with Ap and IB. Harrison High School is sending kids to all the Ivys and the top colleges. This school district is worth looking at!

Harrison High School 1

Posted January 03, 2014
I give this school one star because it's the lowest score I can possible give on here. My guidance counselor put me in a remedial English class in the middle of the school year Because I was so reserved at school. I realize now my English teacher assumed I was unable to understand the curriculum. Instead of discussing with me where the problem lay the decision was just made for me. Even after the teacher in the remedial class realized I had no trouble at all I was left in there.

Harrison High School 1

Posted December 31, 2013
This seriously was the worst school ever. I applied to selective colleges, and the guidance counselor did not let me know that I was applying to 3 of the same colleges as the valedictorian: I got into one. The guidance counselor also failed to inform me that a student was received early decision to another college I applied to. What a terrible system. Avoid this school at all costs if you are considering moving to a community in Westchester. Do not move to Harrison, and help contribute to inflated administration salaries.

Posted May 22, 2011
The school district has made a lot of changes in the last 5 years. Attendance is up, APs are way up, acceptances to colleges, including all Ivys is up. The IB program will start in the fall 2011.

Harrison High School 2

Posted August 01, 2010
If you read Walt Whitman's definition of how to teach a well rounded student, you will not find the answer in the Harrison School System. Teachers are let go before they can reach tenure, and more administrators are being hired at outrageous salaries. More concern is put on the overall rating of the school, then the actual teaching of the children. The Special Education program is kept at the bare minimum just to appease the state...

Harrison High School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Harrison High School has become one of the most innovative and high performing high schools in Westchester County. The teachers are great -- lots of dead wood has been removed. Most teachers now really care about all of their students -- from the high performers, those in the middle, and those with support. The high school has a phenomenal principal in Dr. Ruck. And the International Baccalaureate (IB) program will be introduced in the next two years -- making a great program even better. Harrison High School is one of the unsung great schools in Westchester.

Harrison High School 3

Posted October 27, 2009
I think most of the teachers are bright and caring. But the administration is in constant flux with their mixed messages. They really need to focus on teh resources that they have and not on changing for the sake of change.

Posted August 23, 2009

Harrison High School
255 Union Avenue, Harrison, NY  10528
Last modified Harrison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top