Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 29, 2015
Graduating in 2001, HHS afforded me the opportunity to go to a great college and wind up in a prestigious firm thereafter. The amount of AP classes transferred into college credits being waived, saving money and time and allowing me to focus on my major instead of liberal art core classes. Harrison is a great town as is their school system. The teachers are committed to their students and so long as kids are committed to their schoolwork, they are rewarded. It’s a safe school and I have no problems sending my children through the same curriculum that has served as the basis for my rewarding post-academia career.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Amount of homework: Don't know

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 04, 2015
This school is getting kids in to all the Ivy's and all the top colleges nationwide. Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt to name a few. This school offers AP and IB classes and most of the students are in the Ap and IB classes. The debate club is award winning, The Band and athletic program are outstanding. I think the rating system that steers people to two or three towns is very misguided and therefore makes Harrison a great place to purchase a home, live in a wonderful community, is close to the city and and gives you the option to use the public schools.

Posted December 01, 2014
I graduated from Harrison high school in 2000. Back then I was taught all I needed to pass. However going to college I failed a lot. Being told constantly you will never be anything also helped. Now in 2014 I will be graduating with a masters degree. In the end I learned nothing for the future from Harrison. Because in 96-2000 it was all about football. I believe we suffered because of this. I don't know about now only from then. Though I will always love Harrison. My future begins when I graduated.

Posted April 27, 2014
Harrison High School IB program is highly respected by all colleges and universitites. Great school with strong academics which include community service. Great school and community!

255 Union Avenue, Harrison, NY  10528
Last modified Harrison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.