Hartsdale, NY

Highview School 4

Posted November 26, 2013
My wife and I are very pleased with the Highview School. Our daughter is in second grade and has a great teacher. The building is very orderly and staff friendly. My daugther takes an afterschool creative writing program and is part of the morning chess club. There are more afterschool programs scheduled for the spring semester as well. Her reading, writing and math skills have grown tremendously and their is a dedicated art and music room, with a fantastic full-time music teacher. We couldn't be more happy with Highview.

Highview School 5

Posted April 27, 2012
I am in love with this school!! My daughter is in second grade at Highview (Mrs. Taylor's class). She loves to go to school and is always ready to get on the bus. The teachers are all very attentive and the principal Mr. M is warm and funny. The atmosphere is loving and energetic. I am very happy with our experience in the Greenburgh school district (my daughter also attended Lee F Jackson). I could not be happier with what we have experienced!!

Highview School 4

Posted December 21, 2009

Highview School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
My son just started school and so far , my husband and i are very happy with the sschool system. my kid is motivated and looking forward to school everyday and i see what they do and I have to say they are on track. the home work that they sent are enough to keep hi challenged, though we still do some more daily work at home.The principal and his teachers communicatea with us regularly. we are happy.

Highview School 1

Posted March 12, 2009
This is why I moved from Highview - and in general, the school district. My kids were not challenged at all. It all starts from the superintendent of this school district and trickles down to everybody else. There are one or two good but Frrrustrated teachers. Mediocrity is the standard here and no-one will do anything about it. I would not allow anyone to limit my child in this way. You shouldn't either buddy!

Highview School 3

Posted March 10, 2009
I agree that principal and teachers are not challenging students enough. As a parent of a 2nd grader I am concerned that if this is not addressed I will need to go elsewhere. The pacing of the curriculum seems to be more for the convenience of the teacher than my child which makes me think he is being stifled for the sake of what's easiest for the teacher. Principal needs to open up communication and solicit parent feedback so they can provide valuable input. So far maintaining status quo seems to be the mission of Highview.

Highview School
200 North Central Avenue, Hartsdale, NY  10530
Last modified Highview School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highview School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top