9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I transferred into this school and I must say, the standards are way better than my last school. The girls are wonderful and the teachers are great. It is less cliquey than my last school--and way more grounded. I really feel like I'm being prepared for college---not just getting prepared to graduate high school.

putting your daughter here is live putting her in jail. they have ridiculously strict rules and refuse to come into this new day an age and use laptops.

It's a private all girl school! It's amazing an super friendly! We are like a big family an all the teachers are so fun and helpful! We old relays and marathons to raise money for the school so we can get new equipment and make the school nice and up to date!

My daughter just graduated from Maria Regina High School with honors and was very sad to leave her friends but not sad to finally be free of most of her teachers. I think some of them need a brush up course themselves, however now that Mr. Fazio stepped in I think things are going to change. My daughter loves him and he is not only an awesome Principal but a compassionate family man who really cares about his Maria Regina girls. When teachers don't resolve student problems, believe me he will, and he'll be absolutely fair. I have no problem sending my younger daughter to Maria Regina when her time comes because the good out-weighs the bad.

My daughter is doing well in the school but has told me a few of the teachers are not good and has to come home and teach herself the curriculum from the text books. I was most disappointed with the sports in the school. The teams are chosen unfairly, based on who knows who, who was on the team last year, who's sister was on the team years prior....coaches don't even pay attention at the try outs and rely upon seniors and other students advice...Very sad to not be picked when you are an extremly athletic child and want very much to play a sport in high school. Additionally, no money is put into the property for soccer/softball field.... Don't offer any track options...wouldn't recommend this school if your child is into sports.

MY DAUGHTER IS VERY HAPPY AT MARIA REGINA. THE SPIRIT OF THE SCHOOL AND THE SISTERHOOD IS LOVELY TO SEE. I THINK EVERY SCHOOLS HAS SOME WEAK TEACHERS BUT IN HER 4 YEARS SHE HAD 1. I LOVE THE FACT THAT WHEN I CALL THE SCHOOL THEY KNOW WHO MY DAUGHTER IS AND IF I NEED TO SPEAK TO A TEACHER OR GUIDENCE DEPARTMENT MY CALL IS RETURNED THAT VERY SAME DAY. IT'S NOT A VERY POSH SCHOOL BUT IT ALSO DOSEN'T HAVE THE EXPENSIVE PRICE TAG. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR . MY DAUGHTER IS VERY HAPPY AND THATS WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ME.

I didn't want to go to Maria Regina, but I found that I've really enjoyed my time at this school. I have made many lasting friendships, and I do feel a sense of community here that I didn't feel in my gigantic public school with over a thousand students. The school is putting in more AP classes and new clubs are made every year. That being said; the honors teachers are amazing, but I can't speak for anyone outside of the honors program, where I have heard complaints about lackluster teachers. However, I have learned a lot from almost all of my instructors at Maria Regina. As a school it has its faults, but I would rather be here than any other school in my area, if not the state.

Highly disappointed in my daughter's experience. I am glad she is graduating and getting out. The school has many low quality teachers who teach the bulk of the students. The better teachers are allocated to honor classes. The "guidance" counselors themselves need lots of "guidance"......in a word, useless. Social atmosphere is rife with emotional, physical and mental bullying and the school has no idea on how to spot and or deal with it. A very unfortunate experience.....look at other places.

Because of this school, my daughter is not going to the college she desired. Math teachers are horrible. Do not be fooled by their lies at open house. The last geometry class, including my daughter, FAILED their regents test and that was a whole 30 girls as a whole, maybe even more. Now that tells me the teacher is at fault here. The principal and math department did absolutely nothing about it and now they are suffering on the SATs. Focus in only on honors classes and that alone is not sufficient. Guidance counselors do not help in either matter whether it is with a teacher, or the college application process. Basically, your sixteen year old daughter is on her own. For lack of a better word, this school is a joke, unfortunately and the children are paying for it. These girls are very bright and work very hard and it is sad to see that they have the blame put on them, meanwhile the school does not do anything about the students' low grades. If they see that there are at least a few girls exceeding, they are fine with that and i am outraged at their non-nonchalant attitudes. Worst choice sending my child here and i truly do regret it.

MRHS is a great school. It's more then a school, it's a second family and I think that really impacts the way someone looks at school and how someone learns. Some teachers are very good, while others have no idea what they're doing. I don't know how anyone could be failing in MRHS unless they're in a ap/honors class, since the regular classes aren't that hard. I love MRHS and would recommend it to any girl who wants to come to a school where you don't only meet friends, but also sisters.

Last modified Maria Regina High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12