Hartsdale, NY

Posted October 09, 2014
The school is great! The children receive the religious foundation that I was looking for. Regarding the academics the children are getting a great education, reason why most children do excellent after SHS. The school has a new principal and I am very pleased with what she has done so far.

Posted January 30, 2014
Sacred Heart has been wonderful for my children. We were one of those unfortunate families that had our children in a school that was closed by the foolishness of the archdiocese. However, Sacred Heart welcomed the students for our school with such compassion and made us feel like part of the Sacred Heart family from the moment we walked through the doors. Many of the families from our former school have decided to send their children to Sacred Heart as well and are happy. I have not had the fortune of expereinceing the teaching of the lower grades since my youngest is in 4th grade and my older child is in 7th. I have to say that the 8th grade teacher is phenomenal. He is involved in every activity that is held in the school and keeps the kids in line. He is no nonsense and the children love his classes and teaching.. The 6th and 7th grade teachers are also wonderful - they are younger teachers and are up to speed with today's technology and are all very accommodating with offering extra help when needed. I highly recommend this school and for those who were not happy and thought they were so smart, should probably check their grammar and spelling,

Posted December 25, 2012
I had attended Sacred Heart from pre-k through eighth grade. My years at Sacred Heart were some of the best years of my life. The school is great. The teachers that I had at Sacred Heart were great teachers. They made us want to learn. Sacred Heart instilled in me, and in every other student a good education, good morals, a safe working place, and a school you want to attend. In conclusion I think Sacred Heart is a great school.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted September 14, 2012
I have attended this school for three years. Before I came to Sacred Heart I was very social Ioved sports and I was great in academics. During the school years the teachers would call me stupid and the kids would say I was horrible at sports. Some of them even beat me up. I became very antisocial and i afraid to answer in class and I have trouble making new friends. I was very excited to attend Iona Preparatory school but my teacher asked me "why are going there", "did you ever think of a backup", or he would just laugh and the class would join in. I did get into Iona Prep and I am in honors and I love the school. But i will still never forget how much pain I had to go to in this school. The kids were not even catholic. They always talked how God was not real and they wished they were atheists. They only did conformation for the money.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted June 28, 2012
All my neighbors send their children to Sacred Heart and have great things to say about the school. The teachers are good and care for the students. I plan on sending my child their when he is of age. The only thing they lack is after school sports, but most Catholic schools do not have these.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted April 02, 2012
Yeah it's a great school as long has your child doesn't have special needs. They run those kids out early. Very UN-christian attitude for a Catholic school.

Posted May 18, 2011
We have a child who has been attending Sacred Heart for the past few years. He has been very happy and loved by the school community. This is a school that truly cares about its students. The teachers are experienced and very effective at their jobs. I have friends with children in neighboring (supposedly top of the line) school districts, and from what I have seen, it is clear that the education at Sacred Heart is superior. The children graduating from this school are so well- prepared and go on to top high schools. That being said, it does not have the cut throat air of competitiveness or snobbiness of some other schools, but rather a warm and encouraging atmosphere that allows kids to thrive and build their self-confidence. Our son has also enjoyed the extra-curricular offerings and it is nice knowing that the afterschool program is so accomodating. Bottom line, this is a great school, a great community that looks out for one another, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Posted October 08, 2009
I attended Sacred Heart for 9 years and after graduating I realized the impact it had on my life. Sacred Heart was a second family as most students that graduate would say, it was a community of loving people. Sacred Heart will challenge their students academically but as you walk the hallways you feel at home.

Posted September 11, 2008
I am a parent of a 1st grader that has attended Sacred heart for 2 years of pre-k and 1 year of kindergarden. The administration is excellent, the teachers are excellent and the curriculm is excellent. I have only good things to say about my experience with sacred heart. Currently my daughter only has 14 students in her class assuring that they get receive the individualized attention that a student needs. As the other parents have commented the school is a true community and I have no trouble recommending it to anyone that asks. I look forward to my daughters next 8 years as part of the Sacred Heart community of students.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted August 27, 2008
I have been a student here for almaost 4 years and my brother who has been here longer than me has been there for almost 6 years. My brother started going here ever since Pre-K and know he is going to 4th grand as of 2008 and i have been here ever since 4th grade and going ito the 7th grade as of 2008 and I say it is an OK school but there is lot of drama and it has a really hard teachers but your child will learn a lot.

Sacred Heart School