Hempstead, NY

Posted April 28, 2009
This year has been a true blessing for my child and myself. My son was put into a class that has both fourth and fifth grades. I thought it was not going to be really good but it has turned out to be wonderful. My son has really blossomed into an outstanding student. I have watched him grow in less than one year. Even my church sees that he is in the right place. I hope more people see that this class and teacher is doing a fantastic job. Thank you God!

Posted August 26, 2008

Jackson Main Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
I am extremely plaesed with the quality of teaching at Jackson Main Elementary School. I really feel that learning is taking place with Mr. Bishop and his two grade levels in his class. The learning is challenging and interesting. We need more teachers like him.

Posted August 25, 2008
I really miss the quality of education that my child recieved at Jackson Main. I feel that more tecers need to supply the quality education like the PACE program. The teacher really goes the distance to supply the students with what they need to compete with the real world.

Posted August 25, 2008
I finally found relief with JM. My daughter loves her teacher and all he has taught her. The PACE program is wonderful and should be a model for all the schools. If you meet my daughter you will see how the quality of eduction by her teacher has made a difference. She now looks at learning differently thanks to her teacher.

Posted August 03, 2008
I am exceptionally please with the quality of teaching and learning that is taking place at Jackson Main Elementary. The academic progress on the NYS Assessments is a testament of the outstanding leadership that is being provided by the Principal Dr. Gilmore and his staff. It is the best kept secret on Long Island

Posted August 03, 2008
Outstanding School. This school has made tremendous progress under Dr. Gilmore's leadership. Although the district is in a low income district, the school can compete with any elementary school on Long Island. Just take a look at the Test Scores.

Posted November 17, 2006
I have 2 girls 9 & 10 year old they attended Jackson Annex and Jackson Main, I relocated to Florida in july 2006 and plaining on moving back to hempstead. I most say I thought the schools in the south would be better but there not. my daughters where place in advance class and still where bore, they were repeating the work they done in Hempstead a year back. what I'm trying to say is that all school district have problems but I know for a fact that Jackson Main is one of the best elementary schools in Hempstead and the staff work hard with the kids and Dr. Gilmore (principal) is very profesional and friendly, he works with kids and he knows most of the kids by name and the parents too. Parents need to get involved,if they want their kids to succeed

Jackson Main Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2006
I moved to Houston last year, my son used to go to Jackson School, its really a shame, not very polite or professional.

Jackson Main Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2004
As a new resident and home owner in the town of Hempstead, I must honestly say that I am extremely dissapointed by the Hempstead school district. We pay thousands in education and school taxes to which the result are failing schools and dissapointing passing state exam scores. In order to fulfill my childrens' academic needs, I have to take them out of Hempstead. Meanwhile over thousands of dollars per year, per child, of my hard earned money is spent obviously elsewhere. I will contine to send my children elswhere until I purchase a home in another town.

Jackson Main Elementary School
451 Jackson Street, Hempstead, NY  11550
Last modified Jackson Main Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Main Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top