Hempstead, NY

Lawrence Road Middle School 1

Posted November 24, 2014
I would give this school 0 stars if I could, it's simply horrible. I put my daughter in this school very recently, and I regret it! The staff doesn't know how to handle problems & my daughter told me that the children are rude and use so much foul language. I suggest you don't put your kid in this school no matter what grade, i can't believe my daughter had to deal with this. The teachers don't know how to teach very well at all, and aren't I would say very professional. I'm disgusted, I'm highly shocked hearing these young kids speaking these curses! The girl's gym teacher is terrible. My daughter forgot her gym clothes (she's new) because she thought it was a different day due to her old school, they had a different way of doing things. SHE HAS ONLY BEEN TO THAT SCHOOL FOR 2 DAYS, and the teacher yells at her atleast 5 times and told her to borrow from someone. She is kidding me? there's no way my child is gonna do that, it's unbelievable. My daughter doesn't deserved to be yelled at, she always listens. She was honestly so scared, and refused to go to that school. That girl's gym teacher shouldn't even be at that school. My daughter is NEW. hate this school, taking her out.

Lawrence Road Middle School 4

Posted June 16, 2010
i love this school i have moved almost 5 times in the last three years and it because my mom wants me to have a better education then she didnt have ive been to hempstead and roosevelt and sorry to say but uniondale won my heart with amazing staff such as teachers who lisen and care and take their time with you ive learned more in lawrence road then iv learned my whole life some place else see in 5th grade i had just moved to uniondale and the student were above my level (very above my level)and by the time i inrolled in LR i reached all the other student and for the first time in my life i got honor roll its alittle sad but i think it amazing i never thought they would call my name MY MOM has always moved back... i love LR

Lawrence Road Middle School

Posted April 14, 2010
I enjoyed my time going to lawrence road middle school and for those parents who are leaving bad comments I believe your wrong. Although you have your own opinion I truthfully believe you are wrong. I moved after going to LR and the school I go to now is edmund w. miles middle school and there test scores are not up to par and the safty and disipline is terrible you have kids throwing food in the halls, cursing out teachers, and being highly rude and disrespectful. You also have teachers putting there hands on kids and my mother has said soon as she gets the chance she's moving back to uniondale.

Lawrence Road Middle School 1

Posted December 23, 2008
The school is not up to scratch, I often find my child repeating lessons that he learned while attending a school outside the district. The school spends more time on extra curricular activities rather than the skill level of its students.

Lawrence Road Middle School 5

Posted March 10, 2008
The faculty, staff and administration are committed to providing a well rounded educational experience for our students. I am pleased with the services they provide for the children of our community.

Lawrence Road Middle School 3

Posted January 15, 2008
This school is great with safety and discipline, extracurricular activities, teacher quality, and principle leadership, but unfortunately it is very poor with parent involvement.

Lawrence Road Middle School 5

Posted February 19, 2005
Lawrence Road School has a very hard working staff who cares. Discipline is good.

Lawrence Road Middle School
50 Lawrence Road, Hempstead, NY  11550
Last modified Lawrence Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawrence Road Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top