Bad
Good

My child is currently a student there and I am so dissatisfied with some of the school teachers especially the assistant principle. I would not recommend this school to no child and only have negative reviews. These teacher and assistant principle give this school a 0 rating. They decimate, malicious, and vindictive and don't have your child best interest. I pray for our youngster because the foundation of their education is going to be jeopardize by the hands of these teachers and assistant principle. These people are only there to receive a paycheck and is definite a waste of tax dollars. And to think you work so hard only to pay out 1/4th of your earning to the government to waste it on teachers and assistant principle. This assistant principle when I first met her I could tell she already judge your child and seem very unhappy. she tries to show unkindness with a mean and unpleasant face to the children so they can be afraid of her. It clearly shows she is under quality to be an assistant principle. The principle is ok but also don't not show his support to the children of this school. As my child states he sits in his office for most of the day and allow the assistant principle to be the bully toward the children. What I take away from this all is to keep talking to my children and to advise that there is just a small percentage of people in the world out there like this. I advise that when you have people like this which you are going to encounter through out your life is to understand that you need to be strong and don't give them the reasons for you to feel sad.

I would give this school 0 stars if I could, it's simply horrible. I put my daughter in this school very recently, and I regret it! The staff doesn't know how to handle problems & my daughter told me that the children are rude and use so much foul language. I suggest you don't put your kid in this school no matter what grade, i can't believe my daughter had to deal with this. The teachers don't know how to teach very well at all, and aren't I would say very professional. I'm disgusted, I'm highly shocked hearing these young kids speaking these curses! The girl's gym teacher is terrible. My daughter forgot her gym clothes (she's new) because she thought it was a different day due to her old school, they had a different way of doing things. SHE HAS ONLY BEEN TO THAT SCHOOL FOR 2 DAYS, and the teacher yells at her atleast 5 times and told her to borrow from someone. She is kidding me? there's no way my child is gonna do that, it's unbelievable. My daughter doesn't deserved to be yelled at, she always listens. She was honestly so scared, and refused to go to that school. That girl's gym teacher shouldn't even be at that school. My daughter is NEW. hate this school, taking her out.

i love this school i have moved almost 5 times in the last three years and it because my mom wants me to have a better education then she didnt have ive been to hempstead and roosevelt and sorry to say but uniondale won my heart with amazing staff such as teachers who lisen and care and take their time with you ive learned more in lawrence road then iv learned my whole life some place else see in 5th grade i had just moved to uniondale and the student were above my level (very above my level)and by the time i inrolled in LR i reached all the other student and for the first time in my life i got honor roll its alittle sad but i think it amazing i never thought they would call my name MY MOM has always moved back... i love LR

I enjoyed my time going to lawrence road middle school and for those parents who are leaving bad comments I believe your wrong. Although you have your own opinion I truthfully believe you are wrong. I moved after going to LR and the school I go to now is edmund w. miles middle school and there test scores are not up to par and the safty and disipline is terrible you have kids throwing food in the halls, cursing out teachers, and being highly rude and disrespectful. You also have teachers putting there hands on kids and my mother has said soon as she gets the chance she's moving back to uniondale.

The school is not up to scratch, I often find my child repeating lessons that he learned while attending a school outside the district. The school spends more time on extra curricular activities rather than the skill level of its students.

The faculty, staff and administration are committed to providing a well rounded educational experience for our students. I am pleased with the services they provide for the children of our community.

This school is great with safety and discipline, extracurricular activities, teacher quality, and principle leadership, but unfortunately it is very poor with parent involvement.

Last modified Lawrence Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.