Hempstead, NY

Posted October 03, 2014
My daughter is a SHA sophomore. She is in all Honors classes so academically I can only speak to that. Without exception her teachers have been excellent. She works harder and is getting a better education than her brothers did at Chaminade. I have friends who've also had kids at both schools who say the same thing. Socially the school suits my daughter. To an amazing degree there is less "social pressure" than at her former school. By this I mean the girls are easier on each other; they are far less judgmental with each other. As a freshman she sometimes made plans with her friends outside of school but not every weekend. Now as a sophomore she wants to have more of a social life so she is taking the initiative and reaching out to other girls, adding new friends and fun to her weekends. I'm happy with this progression. She is building life skills by doing this. As for parental involvement, I am involved because I want to be. A parent can be involved as much or as little as they choose to be. I find SHA to be a nurturing school with great academics.

Posted August 05, 2014
Sacred Heart Academy was the best choice for my daughter. She shadowed in her 8th grade year, and she knew from that moment that it was the school for her. She loved her teachers, and I felt that she received a solid education in the honor track although I can't speak for the regular track. The teachers cared about her and were very devoted. She felt that the school was a nice size for a freshmen class, not too big but not too small. An ample number for it to be fun. She was part of the STEM program which was an added bonus since she wants to pursue science in college. My only criticism is that the school needs more activities for the girls. The Sisters are wonderful but their focus is academics to retain their stellar reputation. I think there should be more interesting things to do and I think the girls/parents should be able to impart suggestions. With that said, too many activities takes the students focus away from learning which is not good. I think the current activities should be updated for the Millenium students.

Posted July 15, 2014
I love this school so much! I enjoyed my freshman year year and neither can my friends! It is really easy to make friends here and the girls are really sweet. The teachers are really nice and fun here and I love playing sports at this school. We have really great sports teams here at SHA. Public school friends of mine really love this school and they really prepare you for college. Some of my friends go to OLMA in Syosset and do not enjoy it at all! A lot of my friends want to transfer and they say that no one likes it there. School is not something everyone enjoys, but at SHA you actually enjoy school, and the day goes by so fast!

Posted June 05, 2014
Great school! Girls are so sweet and welcoming. The students are held to high level in terms of behavior and overall excellence.

Sacred Heart Academy 1

Posted April 13, 2014
I am not at all happy with this school. The girls there are VERY snotty and the teachers aren't always helpful. This school has a lot of students but that means nothing. They are very obnoxious.

Posted May 16, 2013
Sacred Heart Academy was a major stepping stone in paving the way for my successful career in the Finance industry. The teachers and school culture taught discipline and a very strong education that I was able to carry through in my college and career. The sports teams were always top ranked, which is another example that the students were well-rounded and can perform strongly in both academics and athletics!

Posted February 04, 2013
I have a daughter who has just been accepted to Sacred Heart Academy. We've done our research and are fairly confident this was a good choice for our daughter but it would really be great to get some more recent reviews from some parents or students. There is only one review for 2012 and the next one is from 2010!! Please, please help and post a review if you have anything to say (either positive or negative) about this school. Thank you!! Note: The website required a star rating but please disregard. My child has not started at the school yet.

Posted June 25, 2012
Great school. Prepares its students well for the rigourous academic enviorment of college. The all-girls aspect can be a challenge socially, but beneficial academically. If an athlete, highly recommended with great coaching staff; the history of awards speaks for itself.

Sacred Heart Academy 3

Posted December 23, 2010
I'm a sophomore in college. While I never really felt the family atmosphere mentioned in other reviews, it is a good academic school. The guidance department is amazing and really helped when I was freaking out applying to schools. They were really happy when I got my acceptance letters, showing that it's not just a job for them, but an genuine concern for the students they help. Like with any school, there are good and bad teachers, though I've found my teachers to be pretty helpful. I do agree, though, that the place is rather cliquey. Also on the downside is the comparative lack of activities and social functions beyond Red & Gold. If you want to develop other interests, you basically have to do it outside of school. Overall, I don't have a super amount of loyalty to the place. I'm still friends with my group from high school, but haven't been allowed to visit (thanks to the new principal's rules).

Posted May 03, 2010
this is a very good school in sports and academics, and having all girls (although sometimes can be annoying) allows you to be yourself 24/7. They also have mostly great teachers and good sportd teams.

Sacred Heart Academy