9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Sacred Heart Academy did an amazing job not only preparing me for the challenges of college but also for life post college.

Even five years after graduation, I still am very proud of my alma mater. Sacred Heart not only prepared me to handle college academia, but also gave me the wisdom and moral compass to navigate myself through the trials and triumphs of life outside of college. I couldn't be more grateful for my experience, and I would highly recommend this school to parents.

I think the real appreciation I have for Sacred Heart Academy came at my oldest daughters graduation ceremony. It was at that point that I realized what a excellent job the administrators and teachers at Sacred heart had done in helping my daughter develope into a stong, confident, caring young women. Their mission is to develope women spiritually, academically, socially. They excel in all aspects. Great School

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have four daughters who have attended SHA, it has been a fantastic experience for all of them. Each has learned thru their own experience at SHA the value of integrity, honesty and fairness. Whether it has been in the classroom, on the athletic fields, Red & Gold or other school sponsored events they have learned to be credible women who can achieve great results thru hard work , diligence and team work. Each has learned the value of treatiing others (teachers, fellow students, friends, administrators..) with respect, equality and honesty.

Currently, I am a sophomore at SHA and eager to describe my experience thus far. So far, I feel that the academics at SHA are outstanding. I'm part of the Honor Program and the Science Research Program, which provide great opportunities to grow and learn. My teachers are excellent. They are all very passionate about the subjects they teach and care greatly for the well being of their students. They will be more than happy to give up time before or after school to help students understand topics that they may not understand. The one thing about SHA's Honor system I like the most, is the fact that you don't have to be in all honors in order to qualify. I myself am a lover of the sciences, if I wanted to apply for Chemistry Honors and take regular English, I could take regular English and still be qualified for any other Honors I put down for. Socially I feel that SHA is overall a friendly environment. The girls are less judgmental and more compassionate to one another. The school's spirituality often reminds us of the need to remain kind in today's world, and presents us with a goal to learn to use our gifts and talents to make the world a better place.

My daughter is a SHA sophomore. She is in all Honors classes so academically I can only speak to that. Without exception her teachers have been excellent. She works harder and is getting a better education than her brothers did at Chaminade. I have friends who've also had kids at both schools who say the same thing. Socially the school suits my daughter. To an amazing degree there is less "social pressure" than at her former school. By this I mean the girls are easier on each other; they are far less judgmental with each other. As a freshman she sometimes made plans with her friends outside of school but not every weekend. Now as a sophomore she wants to have more of a social life so she is taking the initiative and reaching out to other girls, adding new friends and fun to her weekends. I'm happy with this progression. She is building life skills by doing this. As for parental involvement, I am involved because I want to be. A parent can be involved as much or as little as they choose to be. I find SHA to be a nurturing school with great academics.

Sacred Heart Academy was the best choice for my daughter. She shadowed in her 8th grade year, and she knew from that moment that it was the school for her. She loved her teachers, and I felt that she received a solid education in the honor track although I can't speak for the regular track. The teachers cared about her and were very devoted. She felt that the school was a nice size for a freshmen class, not too big but not too small. An ample number for it to be fun. She was part of the STEM program which was an added bonus since she wants to pursue science in college. My only criticism is that the school needs more activities for the girls. The Sisters are wonderful but their focus is academics to retain their stellar reputation. I think there should be more interesting things to do and I think the girls/parents should be able to impart suggestions. With that said, too many activities takes the students focus away from learning which is not good. I think the current activities should be updated for the Millenium students.

I love this school so much! I enjoyed my freshman year year and neither can my friends! It is really easy to make friends here and the girls are really sweet. The teachers are really nice and fun here and I love playing sports at this school. We have really great sports teams here at SHA. Public school friends of mine really love this school and they really prepare you for college. Some of my friends go to OLMA in Syosset and do not enjoy it at all! A lot of my friends want to transfer and they say that no one likes it there. School is not something everyone enjoys, but at SHA you actually enjoy school, and the day goes by so fast!

Great school! Girls are so sweet and welcoming. The students are held to high level in terms of behavior and overall excellence.

I am not at all happy with this school. The girls there are VERY snotty and the teachers aren't always helpful. This school has a lot of students but that means nothing. They are very obnoxious.

Last modified Sacred Heart Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12