Bad
Good

We have had nothing but positive experiences at Winslow. The staff is wonderful so far and Dr. Hyatt is amazing. She is visible and involved with the kids on a daily basis - so much different than every Principal when I was growing up! When our kids have had issues with bullying, the staff has been quick to address it. While our daughter excels on her own, our son struggles with school anxiety and school work. His teacher was quick to observe his difficulties and get him the extra help he needs to succeed. The school, district, and PTO offer many ways to become involved as a parent. In fact, our family has made amazing friendships with other families through volunteering. No school is ever 100% perfect, but Winslow feels like a community so much so that when it was time to move, we chose to move within the district because the kids didn't want to leave!

I am a parent with 3 soon to be 4 children at Winslow Elementary School. I am not happy at all with this school. There are a FEW good and helpful teachers at this school that I have come across. This school is not good with handling children with learning Disabilities. The main office ladies especially the main secretary is not a genuine nice person. I have also had problems with bulling too! I personally wouldn't recommend this school to anyone! My family and I are looking into re locating due to our problems with the school/district.

My children really liked winslow. We moved from leary elementary school they got bullied and picked there.

My children moved to Winslow from a neighboring district that was rated a "better" school. I have found the opposite to be true! The communication at Winslow is amazing. Staff and administration are not only true professionals but are also very caring, approachable people. I can't say enough about Winslow.

My daughter is currently in first grade at Winslow. We have had a wonderful experience so far. The teachers make learning interesting and fun, however there is good structure to the environment there as well. Principal Andrea Hyatt is very involved as well as the assistant principal and there are many great programs including the new PBIS positive behavior (BEE your best at Winslow. Can't say enough good things about this school!

The school has a lot of great teachers and a wonderful PTO.

My oldest daughter is in 5th grade and we have loved Winslow. I have a Kindergarten and 1st grader who love the school as well. The teachers are fabulous, open, and easy to talk to. The principal Mr. Springer is a very warm compassionate man who will be greatly missed after his retirement this year. He has done a wonderful job along with the teachers at making the school a fun and safe learning experience. A wonderful first step in my children's education.

My son is currently a 2nd grader at Winslow. I myself attended Winslow back in 1970-1976. Currently the school is K-5, and I think that is a good size. The teachers that I have encountered have been absolutely great! The administration and Parent/Teacher groups are very involved and supportive. My 5 year old will start K in the fall, and I am glad he will be at Winslow also. I have had no complaints - very supportive & nurturing to the younger group.

Last modified Floyd S Winslow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.