Hicksville, NY

Posted May 13, 2015
My son is just finishing up kindergarten this year and Dutch lane has by far exceeded my expectations! The teachers and staff are wonderful! The PTA hosts so many wonderful events for the kids! Dutch provides a loving, safe and caring environment for the kids.

Posted April 30, 2015
I attended Dutch Lane myself as a child, and now my children are there. I have nothing but great memories of my school years, other than the occasional cranky gym teacher. We are thrilled with the school, the staff and the teachers at Dutch Lane as parents. Dutch is a perfect stepping stone to start off any child's academic career. It is a warm, caring, safe place to send a child. The building and grounds are well kept. The classroom and special area teachers are all constantly coming up with new and exciting ideas, or events to keep the children motivated. We are grateful for this time back at Dutch, and to see our children making the same great memories for themselves as I have of my school years!

Posted April 30, 2015
My son has been going since kindergarten and is in 2nd grade now! We absolutely love the entire family of Dutch Lane. Mrs. Strauss is the world's best principle and friend to all the children in the school! She knows them all on a first name basis. They started an A.M. academy this year that has classes from art to gym to yoga! This academy is run seemlessly and my son cannot wait to wake up and go. All activities are well organized and communicated by our wonderful PTA! The teachers are very patient and have the superpower of knowing when a child is in need of special attention (either educationally or emotionally) and they make sure we,as parents, are well informed as to what they witness. I travel far for work and can move but chose not to because my son and I love this school community so much! The dedication by the entire team is unbelievable and awe inspiring.

Posted April 30, 2015
Dutch Lane is an amazing school. It's small class sizes and dedicated teachers allow my children to receive an individualized education in a group setting. Highly reccomend the Hicksville Schools, especially Dutch Lane.

Posted April 30, 2015
I am very pleased with Dutch Lane School. My children have all gotten the attention they need, the education they deserve, and the life experiences that help a child grow. They offer many family friendly events throughout the year that allowed us to get to know their peers families, the staff, and the environment they spend so much of their time in. This is a bonus to any parent.

Posted April 30, 2015
This school has an excellent Principal and staff. The school enviornment is very nice and encouraging. The teachers go out of their way to help the students. I have 2 kids and both love the school.

Posted April 30, 2015
Dutch Lane has the most amazing teachers on Long Island! The teachers really care about the students way beyond the classroom! I am truly blessed to be part of the Dutch Lane School!

Dutch Lane School 2

Posted August 13, 2010
Area by school is nice but Dutch lane is the least up dated school in Hicksviile. I went to Dutch lane 40 years ago and my son went ten years ago and the school still stunk. Stay away from the school phyologist Dr.Kremin is a nut case himself.

Dutch Lane School 4

Posted January 27, 2006
pre k program specializes in preschoolers which speech/language impairments, children can receive on site speech, ot and pt,children also attend library, art & gym class, which is great! staff very caring and classes go on field trips, parents allowed to accompany them or meet them at site. classrooms are typical preschool/kindergarten settting, primarily boys in the preschool program.

Posted June 26, 2005
Dutch Lane Elementary has been a wonderful and enriching experience for my son. He has attended this school for two years and is preparing to enter second grade. I have never seen a more dedicated and highly trained staff. My son initialy scored poorly on the Kindergarten Readiness Test and struggled in Kindergarten to learn the letter sounds and to grasp basic mathematic concepts. His teachers work with him one on one before school to give him the extra help he needs. They always keep me informed of his progress through constant correspondence and make me feel like a welcomed member of an incredible educational team. This past year his confidence has soared and because of his teachers constant praise and determination to help him learn, he has had a wonderful first grade year with amazing academic progress and emotional growth. Any child attending Dutch Lane is in very good hands.

Dutch Lane School
50 Stewart Avenue, Hicksville, NY  11801
Last modified Dutch Lane School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutch Lane School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top