Hicksville, NY

Posted April 13, 2013
I graduated Old Country Road four years ago and I had a great education there compared to the other elementary schools in hicksville my school mates went to. Old Country Road has prepared me the best to move on to the Hicksville Middle School. But now I am curently an Honors student at the Hicksville High School and I couldnt have done it with out them and my supportive parents that let me enroll in after school activites like the Old Country Road baton team. Other hicksville schools I would reccomend would be Lee Avenue or Woodland that are amazingly simliar to Old Country Road. From their Prinicbles(choosen every 5-8 yrs), PTA, after school activites, spaced out class rooms, kind/ well behaved students, and very good/encouraging teachers.

Posted March 31, 2013
Led by a great principal and terrific teachers, OCR serves its students well. As an educator, the quality of education surpasses a number of area private schools. The special services are more than adequate. With a strong PTA, there are varied activities supported throughout the year. One problem is that not enough new families attend PTA meetings and get involved. Because of this, the same people are stuck running everything. And, when parents see the same parents running everything, they start complaining. Stop complaining and get active with the PTA. A lot of the current PTA fixtures are leaving, so new faces are needed.

Old Country Road School 0

Posted September 09, 2009
It is a great school. My boys LOVE it.......Mr Lubrano is great and so are MOST of the teachers!

Posted June 16, 2009

Old Country Road School 1

Posted April 23, 2009
Terrible. The learning quality is terrible. The teachers are unsatisfactory. Everything about this school is terrible. If you want to send your child to a great school, do not send them here!

Posted January 26, 2008
My girls have attended OCR since Kindergarten and I have to say this school is the best. We came from Queens 4 years ago and I'd have to say my girls are getting a great education here and my son will join OCR's family this coming year so, I have to thank Mr. Lubrano and all the teachers we've had, have now and will have in the future for an exceptional job and well beyond the call of duty! It's not just a school it's truly more like a big family. We love it!

Posted April 11, 2007
I am very happy with Old Country Road School (OCR)This school has an excellent principal, professional and caring teachers. All of the school staff is like a family. They have a lot of fun and at the same time educational activities. My son loves going to school.

Old Country Road School 4

Posted April 02, 2007
As a parent of 2 children in OCR I must say this has been a great experience for our family. We love Mr labrano and most of the staff in this wonderful school.keep up the great work OCR!

Posted December 16, 2006
Excellent School, I have 2 children in OCR and its been a wonderful experience all the way through the years. Small school and more like a family.

Old Country Road School 4

Posted July 20, 2006

Old Country Road School
49 Rhodes Lane, Hicksville, NY  11801
Last modified Old Country Road School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Country Road School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top