Hicksville, NY

Posted November 06, 2011
My son loves going to school every day. He has excellent teachers that care about his education. He has wonderful classmates who are kind. He especially enjoys the use of the schools science lab and technology lab. I am assured that after being educated at St. Ignatius Loyola School, he will be well prepared for the challenges that await him in a Catholic High School. The dedication of the staff and administration is responsible for my son s academic success. St. Ignatius Loyola School is a school that truly follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Posted May 16, 2011
This school was horrible. There is a high teacher turnover rate. The kindergarten teacher that my daughter had did not have her early childhood cetification. When the principals were confronted regarding that they stated it was an oversight. The principles are very mean to not only myslef and other parents but too the teachers as well. My daughter has come home saying her teaher was crying in school. Overall not a greatb school. And myslef and bout 5 other parents with children in kindergarten have taken their children out of the school!

Posted February 22, 2011
I've had a great experience at St.Ignatius. I love the teachers and the children are wonderful. The school is always improving their technology for the students. The teachers are caring and encourage their students to try their best at succeeding. I love their Early Childhood program. Pre-K attends computer, dance, gym, and music classes. I recommend to school to any parent who wants to best for their child.

Posted June 11, 2010
I pulled my child out of a nearby Catholic school in Hicksville due to cliques and bullying that ran unchecked. We have nothing but positive things to say about St. Ignatius. Everyone has been helpful and welcoming, and my little one is thriving academically and socially.

Posted April 03, 2010
St. Ignatius Loyola School is a wonderful school. The school stresses academics. I was very impressed with the number of students that gained enteranced into Chaminade. I am glad my son is attending St. Ignatius Loyola School.

Posted January 04, 2008
My younger son went there for pre-school program and one of the worst school i have seen. They only need MONEY. The quality of learning is not at all good. I had put my son to another school after that and he learned so many things in past 1 month that he could not learn in this school in 3 months.

Posted November 08, 2007
My daughter has only been with St. Ignatius for two years and I wish I could leave her here and also bring my other two children to the school. I love it!! I'd definitely recommend this school to any parent who wants their children to attend a very good school.

Posted July 08, 2007
I really had a very bad experience with st ignatius when my son went there for kindergarten,the teacher was not at all encouraging and always emphasising on negative aspects,there was differentiation and favoritism in class and when we adressed the problems principal was also not at all helpful, being a christian family we sent our son there but we were not at all happy and on the contrary my son did so good this year going to public school instead and his teacher won't believe what the old teacher reviewed ablout him in kindergarten ,i met few other parents from same class who had same bitter experiences.So as for me i will not recommend this school to anyone as the teacher instead of educational review gave a psychological review for my 100 % normal child.

Posted June 22, 2007
I have two children attending St Ignatius and I believe it is the best school in hicksville.The 2 co principals are very much involved in the day to day activities and the extra after school activities are outstanding .They have music ,dancing and Spanish from k-8th.All the teachers and the students that I have come across are wonderful.I would recommend this school to anyone that wants their children to have the best education that they could ever hope for.

Posted October 07, 2004
I have 3 children currently enrolled in St. Ignatius and believe it to be one of the best Catholic schools around. The school has completed the Middle States accredation process and are waiting for the final certificate. Our enrollment has increased and our scores on all the standardized tests have been outstanding. St. Ignatius offers Spanish beginning in Kindergarten. Regents credits are available in Spanish and Earth Science. The school has an outstanding computer facility. While the building may appear old, the academic standards are high. Additionally, Father Arcoleo is actively involved in the religious education of our children and they adore him. Don't be fooled by outer appearances, this is a school that is under-rated. The best kept secret in Hicksville.

St Ignatius Loyola School
30 East Cherry Street, Hicksville, NY  11801
Last modified St Ignatius Loyola School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Ignatius Loyola School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top