Holbrook, NY

Posted April 17, 2014
Our school is the best. Our principle Mrs. Flynn sets up a beautiful seasonal display that greats everyone as soon as they walk in. The teachers truly care about the children. Even during the state tests they did everything they could to keep the stress level low, despite the fact that the tests effect their evaluations. They spend extra time and offer extra help when kids need it. They have taken such good care and shown such great interest in my daughters success, I am constantly touched. My daughter has special needs and her teachers and the principle have taken the time to meet with me several times during the year in order to share observations and offer suggestions. I am truly blessed to be in such a wonderful school. I know that with $5,000 the school would institute some great programs for the kids. Maybe fix computers that we desperately need.

Posted March 08, 2006
- a former student
Nokomis was an outstanding school. The teachers are great and I wish i didnt have to leave it.

Nokomis School 4

Posted January 13, 2006
We have been in Nokomis for 3 years now. It is like sending my child to a private school. The teachers are well qualified. They go above and beyond for thier students. They offer extra help when needed. My children get a quality education. The principle is 100% for her students. I enjoy the p.t.a and extra programs that my children are offered.Nokomis is an exeptional sachem elementary school. The only complaint I would have is the childrens playground is in dire need to be updated and added on to.

Posted August 15, 2005
- a former student

Nokomis School 4

Posted April 30, 2004
The teachers show that they truly care about the children. I feel confident sending my children there.

Posted April 08, 2004
I think its a great school and the teachers. Have a good time with the kids and that helps in learning.

Nokomis School 2

Posted March 05, 2004

Posted August 22, 2003
Some of the young teachers tend to think they are dealing with high school students. Quick to criticize then help.

Nokomis School
151 Holbrook Road, Holbrook, NY  11741
Last modified Nokomis School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nokomis School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top