Bad
Good

There was an accident involving a school bus this morning, 2/16/17, that my grandchildren were on. It took 4 hours before my daughter received a call from the Principal alerting her to the accident. As a form educator and a parent who has lost a child in a motor vehicle accident, this is unacceptable. No parent should receive news involving their child well after the incident has taken place. There is NO excuse. I spoke with the Principal today and she was very aloof in speaking with me, as though my concern was of no relevance. What may be deemed minor to one, may be major to another. Have more empathy and compassion in dealing with parents and families or please find another career path!

The principal is proactive and works well with the Sachem community to ensure my children receive the best education in a safe environment.

Our school is the best. Our principle Mrs. Flynn sets up a beautiful seasonal display that greats everyone as soon as they walk in. The teachers truly care about the children. Even during the state tests they did everything they could to keep the stress level low, despite the fact that the tests effect their evaluations. They spend extra time and offer extra help when kids need it. They have taken such good care and shown such great interest in my daughters success, I am constantly touched. My daughter has special needs and her teachers and the principle have taken the time to meet with me several times during the year in order to share observations and offer suggestions. I am truly blessed to be in such a wonderful school. I know that with $5,000 the school would institute some great programs for the kids. Maybe fix computers that we desperately need.

Last modified Nokomis School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.