Houghton, NY

Posted July 22, 2013
Houghton academy has served our family well for the past five years. I am so proud of the man my son has become and I credit the academy for for developing him spiritually, academically and physically. They are committed to the local area and not only provide an excellent boarding experience for international students but an excellent day student experience as well. My son will be visiting a classmate in Vietnam after graduation next year. We have hosted this student during breaks and he has invited our son to visit him. What other school gives their students such opportunities to expand their world view? I am only sad that my daughter won't get to experience this great school as well since we are moving out of state.

Posted February 01, 2011
I attended this school for six years and received a very good education. After attending Houghton Academy transitioning into college academics was relatively easy. Note* you have to work hard at the Academy or you will not do well. This is not a school where you can do the bare minimum and still get an A.

Posted July 20, 2009