Posted September 08, 2014
My child loves this school. Some of the parents are very nice. They really do all they can to help at the school. Every Staff member and Teacher at the School are absolutely Wonderful. I like the small class sizes. I like the fact they do not tolerate bullying.

Posted May 21, 2014
The principal is a seasoned educator. The teachers are very corporative. The majority of the students are respectful and Polite. An excellent catholic school. My kids Love it and do very well there.

Posted October 02, 2013
I am thrilled with the education and the staff. Ave Maria Catholic Academy is everything you would want from a Catholic School. I have 2 children that graduated from this school and 2 more going through. I could not be any happier. My older children attended high schools and colleges of there choices, thanks to the foundation they received at OLG/Ave Maria Catholic Academy.

Ave Maria Catholic Academy 2

Posted May 20, 2013
The academics are not what they should be. The principal yeses the parents to death but does not follow through. The kids rule the roost.

Ave Maria Catholic Academy 3

Posted November 14, 2012
Our son attended pre-K and kindergarten at Ave Maria. We were very happy with the pre-K program; however, once he moved to Kindergarten we noticed a real lack of progress with our son's education. He seemed to be falling behind compared to his friends that attended the other schools in the neighborhood. In discussion, we had found that several other parents had made the same observation. As a result we chose to move him to another school. We felt that it was not challenging enough for him, and, though we had wanted a faith based educational program, it appeared that far more emphasis was being placed on religious teachings than any other subject. The school was also very poor in communicating with the parents; sending notices home at the last possible moment (we would find out we needed to send specific items or payments in only the day before they were due). I would have rated the school lower; however, the pre-K program and teacher are excellent and deserve notice.

Ave Maria Catholic Academy 0

Posted November 09, 2010
Excellent two granchildren are in attendance and they love school, their teachers, and they are in a true learning enviornment thank you.

Posted July 01, 2009
The academics at Our Lady of Grace are excellent. I love the small class sizes and warm, family-like atmosphere. My child was given the opportunity to excel to his fullest potential and graduated very well prepared to make a smooth transition to high school.

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted February 25, 2008

Posted October 11, 2007
When my son was entering kindergarten, we were considering enrolling him in a gifted program at a public school since his skills were above average. We hesitated sending him to OLG based on the previous reviews. Since we firmly believe in Catholic education, we took a leap of faith, enrolled him in OLG and have been extremely happy with our decision. Since the arrival of our new principal and pastor, the academic standards have increased tremendously. Our son is very bright and the work at OLG is challenging for him. The principal and every teacher know each student in the entire school by name. We feel the entire faculty and staff care deeply about each student and the students themselves learn to care about fellow students through the school's buddy system. This sense of community is very hard to find anywhere and we are proud to be a part of OLG!!

Ave Maria Catholic Academy
158-20 101st St, Howard Beach, NY  11414
Last modified Ave Maria Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ave Maria Catholic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top