Bad
Good

Love this school district.. Both of my children did very well... The teachers are very helpful and go above and beyond to help out the students. I love the fact that the community is relatively small and involved. We moved here 11 years ago and my daughter graduated in 2013 with honors and is currently attending Binghampton University.. This year my son is a senior and has excelled in the Islip High school wrestling program. I cant say enough about this school and what it has given to my family..

Islip High School is a wonderful environment for students to develop. The principal works with parents and teachers to create a great place. The teachers give extra help and care. The athletic program is great and there are lots of activities. My son graduated from IHS and received schoalships to college.

The teacher's of Islip HS make this one great school. Teacher's who care about their students. Teacher's who go out their way to keep the parents informed via telephone and mail. I have received numerous calls to keep me updated on my childs progress. I would also add that these phone calls are received in the evening. I am a working mother and can only be reached in the evening. Therefore, these teachers are calling on their own time. For this I thank them. They keep me informed of my childs strong points or where he could use improvement. The teachers extend themselves to providing extra help when my child needs it. My son hated going to school. Since we moved to Islip when he entered the 2nd grade he has been having a blast. He is now a junior in Islip HS and making life long memories.

This school is a great place for a kid to develop confidence, all the students are nice and the teachers supportive. I moved away in 2007 d[u]e to my parents job but if I had the choice I would defiantly stay in ISH. This school has been great fun while also providing me with a great education.

Not happy with this school at all, and I graduated from IHS 30 years ago. Lack of involvement by the teachers, staff and Principal. Lots of discipline issues. Not the same attention to high standards that the school has always been known for....a disappointment to say the least.

Islip HS is a terrific school, my son came out of Catholic school and entered Islip HS as a Junior. He has since maintained a 96 average, he is more focused and enjoys going to school every day. He is more involved academically and athletically. He is happier overall and I am elated with his improvement.

Islip HS is a great school, coming from the city we saw the difference. Our son graduated from this school and was admitted to a very prestigious university, our daughter is currently attending here and she is doing excellent. The teachers are always there for the kids, great after school programs and a lot of sports for everyone. The Islip school district is not big and I think this is what makes this school a great place to learn.

Last modified Islip High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.