Islip, NY
Students enrolled: 1,162

Posted October 04, 2008

Posted August 24, 2008
Islip High School is a wonderful environment for students to develop. The principal works with parents and teachers to create a great place. The teachers give extra help and care. The athletic program is great and there are lots of activities. My son graduated from IHS and received schoalships to college.

Islip High School 1

Posted May 01, 2008

Posted February 10, 2008

Posted November 29, 2007

Posted November 06, 2007
The teacher's of Islip HS make this one great school. Teacher's who care about their students. Teacher's who go out their way to keep the parents informed via telephone and mail. I have received numerous calls to keep me updated on my childs progress. I would also add that these phone calls are received in the evening. I am a working mother and can only be reached in the evening. Therefore, these teachers are calling on their own time. For this I thank them. They keep me informed of my childs strong points or where he could use improvement. The teachers extend themselves to providing extra help when my child needs it. My son hated going to school. Since we moved to Islip when he entered the 2nd grade he has been having a blast. He is now a junior in Islip HS and making life long memories.

Posted October 09, 2007

Posted September 28, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 20, 2007
- a former student
This school is a great place for a kid to develop confidence, all the students are nice and the teachers supportive. I moved away in 2007 d[u]e to my parents job but if I had the choice I would defiantly stay in ISH. This school has been great fun while also providing me with a great education.

Islip High School 0

Posted August 15, 2007
Not happy with this school at all, and I graduated from IHS 30 years ago. Lack of involvement by the teachers, staff and Principal. Lots of discipline issues. Not the same attention to high standards that the school has always been known for....a disappointment to say the least.

Islip High School
2508 Union Boulevard, Islip, NY  11751
Last modified Islip High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Islip High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top