Islip Middle School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
Islip is a small sports oriented district. We have moved out of the district as the middle school does not have sufficient honors level classes for more advanced students, and discipline in the classroom impacted our kid s ability to learn. There are many other parents of children in this school district that shared our views before we moved. Bulling is also an issue and was not addressed by the school. If your child is bullied, expect them to be punished as much as the bully.

Posted August 25, 2009
We moved here during the summer of 2005 and our elementary school experience was very positive. We were very excited about what Islip Middle School held in store for her when she entered last year in September 2008. It was equally fantastic. They prepare the entering students by giving them and their parents a tour of the school and show a program of what to expect. The Principal, Dr. Timothy Martin, is incredibly intelligent and unbleivably caring about each of the students in his charge. He is warm and funny, setting the example that it is cool and fun to be smart. Children who maintain a certain grade point average are given rewards. The faculty works hard to resolve issues and defeat cliques. Academically my daughter is thriving. This is a balanced and wonderful school.

Islip Middle School 3

Posted August 24, 2009
principal not teaching kids that they are not to look down at one another & to stop with name calling as well as touching each other.this still goes on in high school.,where peer pressure builds up & they get caught in cycle where they need to fit in to do things not supposed to do.

Islip Middle School 0

Posted May 12, 2008
This is not a great school, nor was it ever as so many former students are attesting to. It is engulfed in cliques as another honest parent attested to. The faculty and staff are not diverse nor do they possess any unique skill sets other than those accumulated at local college.

Posted January 03, 2008

Islip Middle School 5

Posted May 11, 2007
we moved to Islip about 9 years ago-my oldest is about to graduate from IMS & my youngest from kindergarten. I have been very pleased with the Islip schools. It's a great community. The teachers are very supportive and involved with the students.

Islip Middle School 3

Posted September 16, 2006
- a former student
I loved this school when I graduated from it years ago. Now my children are attending. I hoped for them the same great experiences & memories. Things have changed. Quality & diversity of Programs for students with learning differences do not produce sufficient progress compared to their non-disabled peers. extracurricular activities are good. parent involvement is as much as the school allows with out interfering.

Posted April 23, 2006
- a former student
Great school, very colorful and vibrant. It is very personal and the student teacher ratio is good.

Posted February 15, 2006
- a former student
I loved attending this school! The teachers were kind and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this school!

Islip Middle School 5

Posted February 28, 2004

Islip Middle School
211 Main Street, Islip, NY  11751
Last modified Islip Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Islip Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top